OCR Twenty First Century Science Physics P1-7 *Official Thread 2016*

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    P123 EXAM DATE: 25th MAY 2016
    P456 EXAM DATE: 17th JUNE 2016
    P7 EXAM DATE: 24th JUNE 2016

So guys, physics!
    How are you all feeling about the exams? Any predictions for 6 markers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    P123 EXAM DATE: 25th MAY 2016
    P456 EXAM DATE: 17th JUNE 2016
    P7 EXAM DATE: 24th JUNE 2016

So guys, physics!
    How are you all feeling about the exams? Any predictions for 6 markers?
    i am absolutely bricking it.

i'm struggling to make predictions for 6 markers on physics because based on the 2015 paper, the questions are a bit random! but on the p456 i don't think there was much on motors or something so that could be in there! i can't even think about p7 yet - we haven't finished learning it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisemayorx)
    i am absolutely bricking it.

i'm struggling to make predictions for 6 markers on physics because based on the 2015 paper, the questions are a bit random! but on the p456 i don't think there was much on motors or something so that could be in there! i can't even think about p7 yet - we haven't finished learning it!
    Aw...I know a lot of my friends are worried about physics (we had a shocking year 10 teacher) but personally it's my strongest science and I'm taking it for A Level
    Don't worry though, I'm sure with revision it will all make some sense and you'll be able to get a good grade
    Ooo I really hope motors do come up! I really understand them - unlike resistance which I really need to go over as I'm constantly forgetting it...
    That's a shame that you haven't finished learning P7 yet, luckily we decided to do it earlier so we definitely had enough time to finish it. Physics is the only science that we've actually finished learning the content for!

ReputationRep:
    My 6 marker Predictions:

P1: Wegener's Continental Drift/ Predicting the fate of the universe/Parallax & Red Shift
    P2: EM Radiation & Ozone layer/Climate Change and Computer Models
    P3: Saving Energy/National Grid
    P4: Unbalanced Forces and Acceleration/Kinetic Energy & Gravitational Potential Energy
    P5: The Motor Effect/Magnetism
    P6: Rutherford's Gold Foil/Nuclear Power and Waste/Dosage
    P7: Sidereal Days, Solar Days & The Moon/Positions of Stars & Retrograde Motion/Astronomical Distances/Star Spectra

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just to let you know I've made a thread for chemistry. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4094377

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know any revision notes for physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pissin myself for this one

ReputationRep:
    I think I did alright in the bio exam maybe 42/60 then the chemistry one today was very good so I'm aiming for 50/60 but tbh I'm acc scared for physics as it's my weakest science which I haven't gotten into my head since year 9.😩 I need all the help I can get

ReputationRep:
    I need all the help I can get with this. Physics is my worst science! I really liked the chemistry exam today and the biology exam was ok as well, but I'm kind of hopeless at physics. If anyone has revision notes for P1-3, please let me know. Closer to the time I also need help with P5 and P6, as I was either absent for a lot of those lessons or the ones I was in I couldn't focus on well due to my mental health acting up at the time, so I basically need to completely re-learn 5 and 6 :c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatonepunkguy)
    I need all the help I can get with this. Physics is my worst science! I really liked the chemistry exam today and the biology exam was ok as well, but I'm kind of hopeless at physics. If anyone has revision notes for P1-3, please let me know. Closer to the time I also need help with P5 and P6, as I was either absent for a lot of those lessons or the ones I was in I couldn't focus on well due to my mental health acting up at the time, so I basically need to completely re-learn 5 and 6 :c
    I have very brief notes on P1-6 which I can PM you if you like? They're by no means very good but they might help a little? Also do you have a revision guide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    I have very brief notes on P1-6 which I can PM you if you like? They're by no means very good but they might help a little? Also do you have a revision guide?
    I do, luckily. But if you could PM me your notes, that would also be very helpful! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatonepunkguy)
    I do, luckily. But if you could PM me your notes, that would also be very helpful! Thank you!
    Sent
    And that's good, as I honestly wouldn't pass my science exams without using them to supplement the specification!

*I highly advise everyone to read the specification before their science exams!!!*

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs help with any of the topics, feel free to ask me

ReputationRep:
    I would appreciate any notes or other revision resources that anyone has for 1-3. Physics is by far my worst science and I need all the help I can get

ReputationRep:
    Here are some notes for p1 and p2, i have none for p3
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx P1- The Earth and the Universe.docx (190.3 KB, 191 views)
  2. File Type: docx P2- Radiation and Life.docx (126.1 KB, 131 views)

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have the 2015 physics papers and mark schemes?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    From what I'm gathering everyone here seems to be a bit worried about their physics exams?
    If you all want I could make a few sets of revision cards or something on Get Revising for you, to use as revision? Or are the notes that other people have provided enough? Just say the word and I'll make some

Physics is my strongest science so I probably won't need to revise it as much as the other 2 so I'm willing to help you out

ReputationRep:
    I believe I have A3 mind maps for the main points, if anyone wants me to post photos of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.M)
    I believe I have A3 mind maps for the main points, if anyone wants me to post photos of them?
    If you got anything for p1-3, hit me up with some!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 19, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Who would you vote for in an early general election?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.