The Student Room Group

2016 A Level exams hard or easy?

So obviously this is mere speculation but with a2 exams being around 4 weeks away and the last being around 6-7 weeks. Many will have started revising for these exams, now as many if not all know, those under the current spec will be doing exams under the current spec of exams in each year for 2 years. AS and A2, the first year counts towards your second year.
Those who have just done AS will be under the new spec whereby any results taken are merely "mocks" and if you decide to drop out turn into an "AS" with ucas points, the unis can see this, however if you did carry on to A2 then you would redo this exam from your first year along with the second year exams all at once. Meaning you do all content right at the end.
So because were the last to have exams individually do you think it will be harder or easier, especially because exams are becoming very synoptic and involve alot of application.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

One of my 4 subjects has been reformed this year (in doing AS' now) and I can honestly say that it's the one I've been struggling the most with all year. They weren't only made modular, which I suppose has some advantages and some benefits, but they were designed to be harder. Hope this is what you're asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
One of my 4 subjects has been reformed this year (in doing AS' now) and I can honestly say that it's the one I've been struggling the most with all year. They weren't only made modular, which I suppose has some advantages and some benefits, but they were designed to be harder. Hope this is what you're asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i literally meant the exam, as stated in the title, since many are doing the old spec for the last time.
Have you seen the specimen papers put out for biology for eg. It's F****ing hard!
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
No i literally meant the exam, as stated in the title, since many are doing the old spec for the last time.

The exams are much harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest