The Student Room Group

Reading about 'Soft' subjects has me worried. Any words?

I should get good results in all my subjects, with good results in my Mocks, but reading about how some Uni's blacklist my subjects has me worries about how Unis will look at me when I apply this year. Even though I do not necessarily wish to apply to the Uni's that people say have blacklists (Russell Group, although I still want a decent Uni ), I still feel like I've made mistakes in choosing my subjects.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Although a certain institutional bias exists towards perceived 'soft subjects' at some universities, it doesn't mean good grades in DT, ICT and Media & Business won't get you onto your desired course. Read up on the course requirements at the universities you want to go to, and if in doubt just email them about it. That way you will know whether or not you'll get a place with your existing courses and grades.

TSR seems to hype it up more than necessary. It exists, but just because you didn't do Physics, Maths, Biology and Chemistry at A2 with A* does not mean you won't get a decent university place.

Quick Reply

Latest