The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE English Literature Paper 2

Hi everyone, what 2 books are you studying for the exam tomorrow:

I'm doing An Inspector calls
and About a Boy (which very few schools seem to do).

How are we feeling for tomorrow? Prepared? Predictions?
i'm doing the same! honestly, i'm totally unprepared (used to pulling english lit. out my ass and getting A*s). rn i'm noting down important quotes.

honestly, i feel like the AIC questions will be pretty similar to past questions (the text is smaller so, in theory, there's less to ask about and the scope of the text is pretty narrow).

about a boy will probably throw a curveball in somewhere; i just hope they don't ask about rachel. they always ask about a minor character, but rachel is a lot harder to discuss in detail, imo anyway.
Thank god! I've found people who do the same, I'm so nervous because I'm desperate for an overall A and have no recollection of what could come up.

What are your predictions??
Reply 3
Original post by kidleader
i'm doing the same! honestly, i'm totally unprepared (used to pulling english lit. out my ass and getting A*s). rn i'm noting down important quotes.

honestly, i feel like the AIC questions will be pretty similar to past questions (the text is smaller so, in theory, there's less to ask about and the scope of the text is pretty narrow).

about a boy will probably throw a curveball in somewhere; i just hope they don't ask about rachel. they always ask about a minor character, but rachel is a lot harder to discuss in detail, imo anyway.

My teacher has given us a lot of resources of about a boy since we haven't had much time to revise that one and my teacher said it will be very unlikely they'll ask you about a minor character... so i'll guess we'll see.
Inspector calls and Heroes predictions??

NOT PREPARED!!
Reply 5
Original post by Lauren1501
Thank god! I've found people who do the same, I'm so nervous because I'm desperate for an overall A and have no recollection of what could come up.

What are your predictions??

Well i don't really know what came up last year but I hope for inspector Mr.B or Sheila comes up as I can talk about them the most, I also would be happy with the inspector coming up. These are pretty much the characters i can talk most about.

For about a boy, I have no preference or prediction, just hope it's a nice question about one of the main characters for the essay
Reply 6
Original post by Lightning_xo
Inspector calls and Heroes predictions??

NOT PREPARED!!

My teacher has said that it could possibly be a Nicole question for Heroes, hopefully it won't be on minor characters but there is always a possibility.
For Inspector calls we have been told that it could be Gerald.
It's probably not a good idea to only revise the more probable questions, because you might be a bit stuck if they ask something else.
I have Welsh second language unit 4 tomorrow and I am highly unprepared for that but I do feel better about English lit.
Original post by B3ASTy
My teacher has given us a lot of resources of about a boy since we haven't had much time to revise that one and my teacher said it will be very unlikely they'll ask you about a minor character... so i'll guess we'll see.

really? every mock paper i've done on AAB had some kind of question about a minor character. but, honestly, whatever— i don't mind as long as the questions are relatively simple. AIC is usually easy enough, so i'm not really all too worried.
I do AVFTB AND LOTF
Reply 9
Original post by kidleader
really? every mock paper i've done on AAB had some kind of question about a minor character. but, honestly, whatever— i don't mind as long as the questions are relatively simple. AIC is usually easy enough, so i'm not really all too worried.

well... better get revising then.
I do AVFTB & ACC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B3ASTy
well... better get revising then.

tbh, the only minor characters i see coming up are rachel or ellie, but i doubt they'll come up as subjects of a full essay question. the last mock i did, ellie (in relation to marcus) was a huge feature, but it was within an extract q.

bh she's a pretty easy study (on the surface, she's not all that complicated and it's easy enough to find notable moments/quotes pertaining to her). rachel is harder, but i highly, highly doubt she'll come up because she barely features in the text itself.

i really, really hope there's a question about mr. birling, the inspector or sheila. they're the easiest to talk about individually.
Original post by JacobPowell
I do AVFTB & ACC

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your predictions for AVFTB?
Original post by s_bevs00
My teacher has said that it could possibly be a Nicole question for Heroes, hopefully it won't be on minor characters but there is always a possibility.
For Inspector calls we have been told that it could be Gerald.
It's probably not a good idea to only revise the more probable questions, because you might be a bit stuck if they ask something else.
I have Welsh second language unit 4 tomorrow and I am highly unprepared for that but I do feel better about English lit.

Gerald seems like a nice boy to do! i think
Good luck in your welsh if you need help I'm fluent :smile:

Hope and wish for the best for everyone on this chat, good luck x
Who's doing AIC & Heroes ??
Help needed ASAP as my exam is in 10 hours and I need sleep in the middle of that!

Great!!

Predictions anyone? Or good quotes and analysis that may be useful to me?

Be much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadiemiahendrie
Who's doing AIC & Heroes ??
Help needed ASAP as my exam is in 10 hours and I need sleep in the middle of that!

Great!!

Predictions anyone? Or good quotes and analysis that may be useful to me?

Be much appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh same here heard it might be sheila for aic, but eh. legit no clue abt anything to do with heroes though yikes
[QUOTE=Rjhepkenhdjd;65224775]ahh same here heard it might be sheila for aic, but eh. legit no clue abt anything to do with heroes though yikes

I just hope it's something of the 5% I know on AIC...

But I do not even know one single quote from Heroes!! This English exam will be the legit death of me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending