The Student Room Group

Article: The dark culinary arts of easy student cooking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This way lies dry, dry eggs :nope:
I am more than prepared to demonstrate.
Those were nice recipes !!!! But mostly everything used microwave!!!!:smile:
Very unhealthy indeed...
Nothing beats a salad with lettuce, balsamic vinegar with dijon mustard and spices, blue cheese, apples and candied walnuts. :sogood:
No. 1 tip of making cooking easier as a student is to buy ceramic coated pots and pans! No such thing as "Leaving to soak" anymore. Literally, wipe it clean and you're good to go.

Tip 2: Fry. Everything. Vegetables, meat, rice, add some salt, and you pretty much have a home made Chinese takeaway in 15 minutes. Considering you don't care too much about your waistline.

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This way lies dry, dry eggs :nope:

You can add milk in the mix to make it fluffy. Barring that, add milk and stick it in the microwave... then cut it up with a fork. Tada, scrambled eggs.
Reply 25
Tabbouleh & stir fries are super yummy, super cheap & super healthy. What's not to like about them?
You know, this is how I'm going to live for the rest of my life hahah xD
My favorites were spag bol with hotdog chunks, and kind of a rice-with-spices-and-random-veg-and-any-left-over-meat in a frying pan, sausage casserole, or, if I was particularly flush - homemade steak pie.

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)
Reply 28
Original post by Glyndŵr University
My favorites were spag bol with hotdog chunks, and kind of a rice-with-spices-and-random-veg-and-any-left-over-meat in a frying pan, sausage casserole, or, if I was particularly flush - homemade steak pie.

Big fan of sausage casserole and steak pie here
Original post by Glyndŵr University

Thats actually what I do when I have mince, chuck in any leftover veg, curry powder, chilli powder, and if too hot a bit of coconut milk powder and just make a massive pot of messy food.

I can never cook casserole that well but never really attempted it much.
I did not know you can make scrambled eggs that way.. Or was that a cruel joke?! Idc anyway as I'm allergic to eggss!

But I will try that easy pizza one though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending