Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

ReputationRep:
    Exam Board - EdExcel
    Subject - Government and Politics
    Unit - Governing the UK (Unit 2)
    Date - 09/06/16
    Time - Afternoon

Resources

Specification - http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...ol_Issue_4.pdf
    Past Papers, Mark Schemes, Examiner Reports - http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/government-and-politics-2008.coursematerials.html#filter Query=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials&filterQuery=category:P earson-UKocument-Type%2FQuestion-paper&filterQuery=category:Pears on-UKocument-Type%2FMark-scheme&filterQuery=category:Pear son-UKocument-Type%2FExaminer-report&filterQuery=category:Pear son-UKnit%2FUnit-2
    Politics Blog, Exam Help - http://alevelpolitics.com/
    Notes, Mindmaps, Flaschards etc. - https://getrevising.co.uk/resources?...+Supreme+Court
    Official Parliament YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/UKParliament
    Official Parliament Resources - http://www.parliament.uk/education/t...-lesson-plans/
    BBC News Politics - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics
    Reddit Politics - www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics

If anyone has recommendations for more links, let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Here are some predictions we can try and discuss and see if they're relevant or what else could be a potential
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465212388.491696.jpg
Views: 2409
Size:  101.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Beat me to it Pop!

You know for the 5 marker do you just quote the source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Beat me to it Pop!

You know for the 5 marker do you just quote the source?
    More or less, just don't copy it of course. Refer to it multiple times and basically expand on what it says.

ReputationRep:
    See - I saw the predictions for unit 1 and the topics were all 100% accurate, but the questions were mostly off.

The unit 1 predictions:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 1555
Size:  271.0 KB

Attachment 544403544405

So, I'd hesitate to go off the questions, but reckon the topics could be accurate for unit 2. Going to flag up my mark scheme for Unit 2 and see what hasn't featured recently/as often and compare!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popcornjpg)
    More or less, just don't copy it of course. Refer to it multiple times and basically expand on what it says.
    By source, do you mean mark scheme?
    They often have 10 separate points for the 5 mark questions. 😒

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratagems)
    By source, do you mean mark scheme?
    They often have 10 separate points for the 5 mark questions. 😒
    Source I mean Qu 1
    The 5 marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratagems)
    See - I saw the predictions for unit 1 and the topics were all 100% accurate, but the questions were mostly off.

The unit 1 predictions:
    Name:  image.png
Views: 1555
Size:  271.0 KB

Attachment 544403544405

So, I'd hesitate to go off the questions, but reckon the topics could be accurate for unit 2. Going to flag up my mark scheme for Unit 2 and see what hasn't featured recently/as often and compare!
    Yeah I agree completely, they're rjust the ones my teacher forward and I haven't had a chance to look st unit 2 predictions in depth to see if they match up to what the past papers suggest..I'm gonna do the same as you and compare ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    Yeah I agree completely, they're rjust the ones my teacher forward and I haven't had a chance to look st unit 2 predictions in depth to see if they match up to what the past papers suggest..I'm gonna do the same as you and compare ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What what you write for the 'significance' on constitutional reforms?
    Like what is the for vs point?

ReputationRep:
    I'd have the argument against reforms that have been seen as successful and unsuccessful and argue if they're significant or not?
    Hol reform wasn't necessary successful but it's still a significant as people view it as I democratic still there just hasn't been progression

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Or they don't have to be about success it could be in general

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Source I mean Qu 1
    The 5 marker

😳 I genuinely couldn't remember that there was a source based question - got so confused!

ReputationRep:
    I haven't revised Unit 2 at all.

Does anybody have suggestions as to where I should start? Should I focus on all 4 or do a Unit 1-style strategy and just focus on 2 or 3.

I can see from the topics in Unit 2 papers that Parliament comes up far less than the other topics, so perhaps it might come up this year?

ReputationRep:
    Are you revising 2 or 3 topics I feel like I don't have enough time to do 3 and just risk doing Parliament and judiciary how likely is it they'll come up in the same section

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKStudent17)
    I haven't revised Unit 2 at all.

Does anybody have suggestions as to where I should start? Should I focus on all 4 or do a Unit 1-style strategy and just focus on 2 or 3.

I can see from the topics in Unit 2 papers that Parliament comes up far less than the other topics, so perhaps it might come up this year?
    You HAVE to learn 3, if two of the ones you've only revised come up on the first stimulus question you won't have a question you'll be able to do in the 40 mark side of it
    Start wth the constitution and parliament as they interlink with stuff like sovereignty and then choose one of the others you enjoy☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulLadbilePogba)
    Are you revising 2 or 3 topics I feel like I don't have enough time to do 3 and just risk doing Parliament and judiciary how likely is it they'll come up in the same section
    I don't think it's a question of likely it's just pot luck, but if you wanna risk it you can but learning 3 can be done. I can give you a starting point with some powerpoints? I just don't have judiciary

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm revising 2 topics which are constitution and parliament. I got a B in this exam last year and I have my A2 history on Friday morning so might as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaulLadbilePogba)
    If your gonna do 2 which is Riskyyyyy
    You have to do constitution and paliament
    Since the syllabus began they have never appeared on the same section
    Others have such as the combination your going to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thebeast97)
    I'm revising 2 topics which are constitution and parliament. I got a B in this exam last year and I have my A2 history on Friday morning so might as well
    Same
    That's the only combination you can do and that's even a risk
    But since the syllabus began those two do not appear on the same section
    I doubt Edexcel would suddenly change the minds now but still with that democracy 25 marker today...wouldn't put it back them😂

ReputationRep:
    If your gonna do 2 which is Riskyyyyy
    You have to do constitution and paliament
    Since the syllabus began they have never appeared on the same section
    Others have such as the combination your going to do
    Wouldnt that mean theirs chance they will put those 2 togther this year

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.