The Student Room Group

BM5 Southampton Medical Applicants 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sehajdeep
Thanks for the reply! @neostigmine
I meant im meeting and exceeding the requirements, just in a different qualification than i had earlier stated. Would you know anything about that?

If the subject that you've missed is in the requirements then they're probably not going to be lenient. E.g. a great grade in English won't make up for a missed grade in Biology. If it is a narrow miss, and they are short of applicants who have met the offer then they might be lenient (and not because of the great grade, but just because they have space). But if they have enough applicants who meet the offer and you don't meet yours, they probably won't be cool with that.
Heeeeellllllllooooooo Southampton!!!! Anyone there???!!??!?! Looking forward to hearing from you! 😂
Original post by 123456qwerty
Good luck! Make sure everyone has a chance to speak and don't be dominating the conversation. Then you will be fine! Good luck to anyone else with interviews 😊

So how did it go? :smile:
Original post by Wantsnoffer
Heeeeellllllllooooooo Southampton!!!! Anyone there???!!??!?! Looking forward to hearing from you! 😂

same here. i have a feeling,its going to happen next week !
Original post by Wantsnoffer

When was your interview?
Original post by medictsr

Hope so!!!!
Did anyone get feedback after their interview? My friend said one of the interviewers said he done really good after the interview so im guessing he Has a very good chance for an offer 😳
Original post by Asian_persuasion
Did anyone get feedback after their interview? My friend said one of the interviewers said he done really good after the interview so im guessing he Has a very good chance for an offer 😳

As far as I know the people who interview you give recommendations buy don't actually do the deciding on who gets the offers. If they give you good feedback then it suggests they will have given you a good recommendation but don't try to analyse it. You will drive yourself bonkers.
Original post by Neostigmine
As far as I know the people who interview you give recommendations buy don't actually do the deciding on who gets the offers. If they give you good feedback then it suggests they will have given you a good recommendation but don't try to analyse it. You will drive yourself bonkers.

Ohh.. So im guessing everyones given a score and ranked and on top of that, given recommendations by the interviewers?
Hey guys
I had my interview on the 16th of Feb. With the panel interview, I think I did alright! I did manage to make the interviewers laugh a couple of times xD
With the group task, I was able to make some important points about the given topic, let others speak etc... It was a great experience overall.

When are we going to start receiving offers? 2 weeks after the interview? Getting more and more anxious :/

I'm international btw :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Perfidyy
Hey guys
I had my interview on the 16th of Feb. With the panel interview, I think I did alright! I did manage to make the interviewers laugh a couple of times xD
With the group task, I was able to make some important points about the given topic, let others speak etc... It was a great experience overall.

When are we going to start receiving offers? 2 weeks after the interview? Getting more and more anxious :/

I'm international btw :P

Same as me! I havent really met anybody who actually struggled with the interview and I felt that I engaged the interviewers really well too!
Same as me! I havent really met anybody who actually struggled with the interview and I felt that I engaged the interviewers really well too!

Maybe I'm being cynical but it's probably not a good thing that nobody seemed to find the interview hard, there's only a finite number of offers to give out

Some people in my group were not so confident with their panel interview... but we all interacted well with one another in the group task!

Honestly, the wait is going to kill me, I just want to know whether I'll be offered a place or not xD
Original post by kieranfb
Maybe I'm being cynical but it's probably not a good thing that nobody seemed to find the interview hard, there's only a finite number of offers to give out

Well, this might give people some confidence. My interview didn't go too well 😂 The group task wasn't bad but the panel wasn't good at all.
Original post by 123456qwerty
Well, this might give people some confidence. My interview didn't go too well 😂 The group task wasn't bad but the panel wasn't good at all.

Yeh the panel didn't seem to go as amazingly for me as everyone else seems to think it was. Guess it can be quite subjective though :s-smilie:
Original post by kieranfb

I agree with you.. it just makes it even harder to stand out
Original post by Perfidyy
Some people in my group were not so confident with their panel interview... but we all interacted well with one another in the group task!

Honestly, the wait is going to kill me, I just want to know whether I'll be offered a place or not xD

The group task was really good! What time and day did you have your interview btw?
The group task was really good! What time and day did you have your interview btw?

I remember you saying you had your interview at the same time as mine! were you in group B???
Original post by medictsr

Someone I know got an offer one and a half weeks after interview last year:s-smilie:
Original post by werakepa
I remember you saying you had your interview at the same time as mine! were you in group B???

Yep, Group B!! I was wearing a blue suit😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending