The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by linaaa1123
hmm..hopefully. But you have to keep in mind that sometimes the partners and normal ukcat cut off can be the same. what was your ukcat if you dont mind me asking?

Ah, so it doesn't drop it very much? Or it just varies?
Reply 421
thats amazing!!! Good luck! Im so excited fr the summer school. Do we have an en suite for the whole week btw?

Yeah you too! If all goes well I'll hopefully see you there :smile: I'm assuming so, not 100% sure though.
Reply 422
Hey, has anyone not received an interview invite from Newcastle yet, but possess a high UKCAT score? I have a very very similar score to a lot of the ones posted on here today that got interviews, but I've triple checked all my emails and have definitely not got an interview invite, nothing on track either.
Original post by riyaaaaa
693 band 1

Was this for UG or GEM?
Original post by Cal 1
And I got 690 :smile:

Is this for GEM or UG?
hmm..hopefully. But you have to keep in mind that sometimes the partners and normal ukcat cut off can be the same. what was your ukcat if you dont mind me asking?

Only year it as the same was the one where both cut offs were like 550. Most people would get that anyway so its very likely the cut off is lower when the other 2 years have been substantially lower
Reply 426
Original post by Rndons19
Is this for GEM or UG?

Undergrad PARTNERS applicant but with known grades :smile:
Original post by Cal 1
Undergrad PARTNERS applicant but with known grades :smile:

What is an UG partners applicant?
Reply 428
What is an UG partners applicant?

UG because I don't have a degree and PARTNERS is just Newcastle's widening participation entry:smile:
Was this for UG or GEM?

UG !!
UG !!

ie: applying for the Undergraduate course rather than for Graduate Entry.

UG!! could alternatively be a comment made when you realise the process and stress you have to endure to get an offer :smile:
Original post by Nikita Verma
So far the lowest score they've invited is 690-693 so applicants above this can breathe. :tongue: (Home applicants)

I think the 690 scores may be from people applying through the Partners Widening Access scheme, which often has a lower threshold than the standard Home Undergraduate route.

It could well be that the standard route threshold ends up being 690 or lower but I don't think anybody has posted a score at that level yet, other than Partners applicants.

Plenty of time for that still to happen though.
UG !!

Congrats!
Original post by Cal 1
UG because I don't have a degree and PARTNERS is just Newcastle's widening participation entry:smile:

I see congrats with getting an interview
Congrats!

I didn't get an interview lol someone just asked me what my score was so I responded and I didn't apply through partners
Reply 435
Hey, has anyone not received an interview invite from Newcastle yet, but possess a high UKCAT score? I have a very very similar score to a lot of the ones posted on here today that got interviews, but I've triple checked all my emails and have definitely not got an interview invite, nothing on track either
Original post by tsprndb
Hey, has anyone not received an interview invite from Newcastle yet, but possess a high UKCAT score? I have a very very similar score to a lot of the ones posted on here today that got interviews, but I've triple checked all my emails and have definitely not got an interview invite, nothing on track either

It was only the first day; they're nowhere near the cut off yet and they don't always give them out in strict order of UKCAT; a few years ago I was in the 770s and didn't get an interview for a few weeks after they started! Wait till Monday and just chill out ☺️ If you're above the cut off you'll get one at some point, you just might have to wait for it a bit
Reply 437
Original post by greenfeather
It was only the first day; they're nowhere near the cut off yet and they don't always give them out in strict order of UKCAT; a few years ago I was in the 770s and didn't get an interview for a few weeks after they started! Wait till Monday and just chill out ☺️ If you're above the cut off you'll get one at some point, you just might have to wait for it a bit

Ahh that's reassuring :smile: yeah they definitely can't be inviting interviews in order of UKCAT scores based on this. Will just have to wait and see, thanks a lot!
Reply 438
Original post by tsprndb
Ahh that's reassuring :smile: yeah they definitely can't be inviting interviews in order of UKCAT scores based on this. Will just have to wait and see, thanks a lot!

Don't worry, if your UKCAT score is similar to the ones being invited to interview and you've not made a massive mistake in applying by not meeting the minimum entry requirements (which are fairly reasonable) you'll get an interview. Newcastle are very transparent with their applications process so there's no smoke and mirrors when it comes to deciding if you're likely to get an interview or not - especially now they've started inviting UKCAT scores similar to yours.
Reply 439
Original post by Beska
Don't worry, if your UKCAT score is similar to the ones being invited to interview and you've not made a massive mistake in applying by not meeting the minimum entry requirements (which are fairly reasonable) you'll get an interview. Newcastle are very transparent with their applications process so there's no smoke and mirrors when it comes to deciding if you're likely to get an interview or not - especially now they've started inviting UKCAT scores similar to yours.

Ok great, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending