The Student Room Group

Help!

So I'm coming to the end of year 12, and I am getting so much pressure about going to university when I don't want to. I have researched and discovered that I am able to end my education after this year (I think- I turned 17 last year). I have thought about it and to be completely honest, with the subjects I am taking I am 100% learning nothing. I am also outside of school training for a digital design job, trained by a university graduate(BA HONS),I know this doesnt mean I also get a Bachelor of the Arts but Im guaranteed a job as soon as I finish school. But I am sure my time can be spent better doing comissions of art and training more if I didnt have go to college everyday and feel as though I'm wasting my time. Im already have a large clientelle I can reach too and also gained attention from world class artists. Would it be a beneficial decision to drop out now?
Reply 1
No, do not drop out. I am in YR 12 as well and know how hard it is. Many of my friends were debating not going through with YR 13, but think about it this way - you will never get the opportunity again. Do YR 13 and get those qualifications, they're not meant to be exciting and fun, they are boring, but they will add so much more to your CV and I doubt that you'll ever regret staying whereas you probably would regret leaving.
Reply 2
Original post by abb3yyy
No, do not drop out. I am in YR 12 as well and know how hard it is. Many of my friends were debating not going through with YR 13, but think about it this way - you will never get the opportunity again. Do YR 13 and get those qualifications, they're not meant to be exciting and fun, they are boring, but they will add so much more to your CV and I doubt that you'll ever regret staying whereas you probably would regret leaving.

I havent learnt anything in my desired subject. They arent teaching. I have high GCSE grades and i'm university worthy training.
I dont believe that I need qualifications to prove I can paint well, edit well or photograph well. I need the time I spend learning nothing to commit myself to commisions and submitting my work to sellers and getting my name out there.

Quick Reply

Latest