Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Donald Trump Launches "Blatantly" Anti-Semitic Attack Against Hillary Clinton. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09b4c43c0afb4

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    But she isn't Jewish. How can you make an anti-Semitic attack on someone who isn't Jewish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    But she isn't Jewish. How can you make an anti-Semitic attack on someone who isn't Jewish?
    Donald Trump's daughter converted to Judaism to marry Jared Kuschner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    Donald Trump's daughter converted to Judaism to marry Jared Kuschner.
    I know, that's why it seems strange to me that Trump would be anti-Semitic.

I read the article... and this quote stood out to me. I think Trump is kind of stupid about retweeting stuff.

Moments after tweeting out the Star of David image, he put out a second image with the same language, but with a red circle instead of a star. The first tweet remained up for some time, however, before eventually being taken down.

Ari Fleischer, a Jewish Republican who served as press secretary to former President George W. Bush, criticized the Trump campaign for the tweet.

“I suspect this was a case of stupidity and not malice, but no matter what, his campaign keeps making foolish mistakes,” he said. “It would be nice to make it through a 3-day weekend without his campaign hurting itself.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeremy1988)
    I know, that's why it seems strange to me that Trump would be anti-Semitic.

I read the article... and this quote stood out to me. I think Trump is kind of stupid about retweeting stuff.

Moments after tweeting out the Star of David image, he put out a second image with the same language, but with a red circle instead of a star. The first tweet remained up for some time, however, before eventually being taken down.

Ari Fleischer, a Jewish Republican who served as press secretary to former President George W. Bush, criticized the Trump campaign for the tweet.

“I suspect this was a case of stupidity and not malice, but no matter what, his campaign keeps making foolish mistakes,” he said. “It would be nice to make it through a 3-day weekend without his campaign hurting itself.”
    If I was Trump I would have left it the way it was.

Is Huffington Post trying to say that all 6-point stars are Stars of David?

I'm sure Trump didn't intend it to be the Jewish star, but the fact he replaced it confirms HP's delusional thinking/logic.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.