The Student Room Group

Imperial College:Medicine GCSES

Hey, so I've read on imperial colleges website that they do not consider GCSEs and place more emphasis on BMAT for medicine, with this said, would it be realistic for me to apply with these grades at GCSE:
Maths- A
Eng lag- B
History-A
Economics-B
Bio-A
Physics-A
Chem-A
French-C
R.S-A*(short course)
Core Science- C
I had extenuating circumstances at gcse aswell

if i perform well at AS i.e 4A's
and at A2 4A*
what are my chances and could you recommend other uni's for me to apply too?
Reply 1
hi there, I am currently studying medicine at Imperial. You have to meet their BMAT cut off (you can see previous years' cut offs on the Imperial website) to get an interview.However they do see what your GCSE results are and they are taken into consideration. Everyone has a huge chunk of As and A* (more A*s) at GCSE. Your GCSEs aren't great but your have extenuating circumstances which might work in your favour. Make sure you ACE the BMAT and have amazing A-level predictions and you could be in with a chance. If you go to a bad school that could also help. Remember they have tonnes of applicants so they can be fussy- there will be many students with better grades than you so they are more likely to get it. I actually don't know of anyone with poor GCSEs but with extenuating circumstances you might have a small chance. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending