The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Conditional offers and STEP

Hey guys, I'm applying to Imperial (1st choice) and UCL (2nd choice). I'm applying for a course in Maths and Computer Science with Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Though checking the Imperial website it says that "typical offers may include STEP requirements" to get into the course. Fortunately, I am eligible to apply for contextual (as I've faced through care for about a year impacting my education years before) and my predicted grades are A*, A*, A.

The thing I'm concerned about is, do the unis still prefer me to still sit the STEP paper regardless of the situation I've faced through? So far I did face a lot of suffering from the past but I have managed to turn it around and worked hard to achieve the A/A*s reaching of the top of the class in the subjects I've chosen, similarly with GCSEs but with alright grades (8 in gcse maths and 6 in language).
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by interartlgnce
Hey guys, I'm applying to Imperial (1st choice) and UCL (2nd choice). I'm applying for a course in Maths and Computer Science with Maths, Further Maths and Physics. Though checking the Imperial website it says that "typical offers may include STEP requirements" to get into the course. Fortunately, I am eligible to apply for contextual (as I've faced through care for about a year impacting my education years before) and my predicted grades are A*, A*, A.

The thing I'm concerned about is, do the unis still prefer me to still sit the STEP paper regardless of the situation I've faced through? So far I did face a lot of suffering from the past but I have managed to turn it around and worked hard to achieve the A/A*s reaching of the top of the class in the subjects I've chosen, similarly with GCSEs but with alright grades (8 in gcse maths and 6 in language).

That's an interesting question. You'd probably be best to ask Imperial directly.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by interartlgnce

you probably will still do the test but you'll probably have a lower score needed to pass compared to others MAYBE (check with the uni Its an assumption) but if you get an offer you will just need lower grades to get in
Reply 3
Original post by lilysilly_5454
you probably will still do the test but you'll probably have a lower score needed to pass compared to others MAYBE (check with the uni Its an assumption) but if you get an offer you will just need lower grades to get in

Alright, I'll post any further updates regarding on this topic and see what imperial and or ucl says. Thanks for the response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending