The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 1
If you say what you want from the place then it would be easier to offer advice. Do you want quite or noisy/social, do you want a big room or not bothered and do you want to be on campus or are you willing to walk up the hill, ow and finally do you speak welsh :p:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
firstly, no i don't speak welsh! not even a little bit! i would prefer social..don't care about noise levels and i don't mind walking, not bothered about room size either to be honest. :smile:
Reply 3
Cwrt Mawr is the place to be, loads of people have applied for it this year.
Reply 4
I would try penbryn or cwrt mawr then from what you want. They'll be the most social places to be (depend on the people of course)
Reply 5
Penbryn! If you don't mind the room being a bit basic, it's probably the most sociable accommodation, although Cwrt Mawr is close. Penbryn you can have up to 22 on your corridor, so you get to know people quickly, and usually all go down to eat together/go out together etc :smile: I didn't find it as noisy as most people said, had no problem working when I needed to, albeit not very often! I mainly chose Penbryn because I didn't want the hassle of cooking everyday in my first year though!
Reply 6
yeah totally agree with u there tom, I lived there too. block seven WOO!
I still cooked, I made hte most of the "cooker"
Reply 7
I thought the deadline for applying for accomodation would've passed by now?
Reply 8
Crisps

It does seem a bit late... at least I think it was some time in July last year, can't remember when exactly though.
Reply 9
Crisps

Depends when you got your offer, if you're gonna be a fresher.
I have a conditional offer so have to make an online application before August 1st and then it gets sorted out once I've (hopefully) met the conditions :] still is a bit late I know! and thanks for all your help, i've filled in my online form now...all sorted, i think! :smile:
A bit late, but I'm doing equine studies and I'm in trefloyne. I asked at the office and they said there'd probably be a higher concentration of equine and ag students in trefloyne, cwrt mawr and rosser as they are convenient to the bus stop. So if that matters to you, you might consider those. I would definitely like to have some of my fellow equine students close by!

Latest