The Student Room Group

SOAS Economics Graduate Diploma (and other options!)

Hello,
I have offers for an Economics grad dip from SOAS and Birkbeck. The BBK dip seems to get a lot of love on this forum, but I am really really struggling to find anything anecdotal about the SOAS course.

If i'm honest, my slight preference is for SOAS, i'd rather have day time lectures (not a deal breaker) and like the idea of being able to take a module on development economics BUT my preferred MSc destination is the LSE (to study economics, providing I do well) and worry they will not take the SOAS qualification seriously. Adding to that my undergrad was a 2:1 in Classics, so that isn't going to wow them either (although i have had a decent, analytical career since graduating).

Does anyone have any thoughts from their own experiences / what they've heard?
Also - is there anyone (and I mean anyone, there is so little information online) who has completed the SOAS diploma with or without any regrets!?

thanks so much in advance
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi mascambios, I'm in the exact same position as you only a year later and I'm struggling to find out which graduate schools soas dip graduates end up going to afterwards. Can I ask you what school you ended up choosing and if you were satisfied? Also did you get into your preferred graduate program? Really appreciate your help.
Reply 2
Hi mascambios, I'm in the exact same position as you only a year later and I'm struggling to find out which graduate schools soas dip graduates end up going to afterwards. Can I ask you what school you ended up choosing and if you were satisfied? Also did you get into your preferred graduate program? Really appreciate your help.
Hi Rbparis and Mascambios,

I am now in the same position as you were and could really need your help. However, I got Nottingham's Gdip instead of SOAS.

How did you go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending