The Student Room Group

Do I ask her for her FB?

There's this girl I like who I sometimes see working at a bar and another place, I've spoken to her many times but only for like 30 seconds at a time as she has to serve other people etc (The places she works at are always busy).

She's heading off to University in September and so am I (She's 22, I'm 19) and I would like to stay in contact with her because I quite like her and I think she may like me. She's always smiling and saying 'hey' when she sees me.

As I haven't had a long conversation with her is it a no-go asking for her FB? Or do you think she won't mind? I don't want to come across creepy or desperate. So if you think I should ask for it, what do you think I should say when asking her?
Reply 1
Why Facebook? Why not phone number?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
try and have a long, good conversation with her. perhaps, you should just tell her how it is and that you like her. ask her out for dinner or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
There's this girl I like who I sometimes see working at a bar and another place, I've spoken to her many times but only for like 30 seconds at a time as she has to serve other people etc (The places she works at are always busy).

She's heading off to University in September and so am I (She's 22, I'm 19) and I would like to stay in contact with her because I quite like her and I think she may like me. She's always smiling and saying 'hey' when she sees me.

As I haven't had a long conversation with her is it a no-go asking for her FB? Or do you think she won't mind? I don't want to come across creepy or desperate. So if you think I should ask for it, what do you think I should say when asking her?

I would say talk to her a bit more, maybe even try getting her phone # first. So you two could talk on the phone or text to get to know each other better. Facebook has less privacy i belive to many connections
Reply 4
Original post by GUMI
Why Facebook? Why not phone number?

In the short-term I just want to get to know her as friends and see where things lead. Also I'm quite anxious at the moment so I don't want to rush things.
Reply 5
Original post by ?Hannah
try and have a long, good conversation with her. perhaps, you should just tell her how it is and that you like her. ask her out for dinner or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would if I could, but I don't know how I would be able to because I literally wouldn't be able to get her on her own.

Go with the long conversation first, might seem to awkward asking for it without properly knowing each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
In the short-term I just want to get to know her as friends and see where things lead. Also I'm quite anxious at the moment so I don't want to rush things.

Ah, I see. Perhaps you just need to man up and ask for her number regardless of who is also present.
Reply 8
Original post by ?Hannah
Ah, I see. Perhaps you just need to man up and ask for her number regardless of who is also present.

Yeah I think I will.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending