The Student Room Group

Why she being like this

I collected my partner from work yesterday, before picking her up we FaceTimed, spoke over the phone on her break just to catch up. On our way back we went by public transport I asked her I’m going to sit down I said do you want to sit she said no I’ll follow you moments later she was sat on the bench whilst I was stood standing, we then caught the bus I found two spaces on the bus for the both of us I asked her to come over to me as in come into my arms she loves doing that as she loves resting against my chest she refused to do that or even take hold of my hand we usually grip onto each other hand held tight together whilst her head against my shoulder for her to rest but she rested her head against the window and we usually hold each other hands or she holds my arms but on the way back home I then bought her food because she said she was quite hungry, I felt bad if she’ll go home without eating so I bought her a Burger initially she refused to have it saying I won’t have it if you won’t have it so we shared and ate, I bought a couple of packets of her favourite crisps (Cheetos) before we made our way home I always drop her in front of her house to make sure she’s gone home safely especially since it’s winter and it’s early days we usually hug and say our I love yous but she just walked off. I didn’t say it so she probably didn’t say it but it’s strange as it is and this morning we usually start our day to a Good Morning text she’d usually wake up before me but no start from the day from her… I just don’t get it

Sorry for it being long and thank you

:smile:
Reply 1
Only one person knows and that's your partner; ask her!
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia

I don’t think it’s worth asking her when she herself ain’t making the effort to equally talk it’s double standards..
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
I don’t think it’s worth asking her when she herself ain’t making the effort to equally talk it’s double standards..

No, its called loving and caring for your PARTNER.
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
No, its called loving and caring for your PARTNER.

Yeah but she’d do the same wouldn’t she like reach out, she refused at first when I said let’s sit down or come into my arms to be hugged and rested upon we didn’t even say our goodbyes or I love yous
Reply 5
We have each other find my iPhone mines is on hers is off… we have our snap locations mine is lively updating hers is off and ain’t updating. I trust her regardless but we just agreed to always have that in our relationship 🤷🏽*♂️
Yeah but she’d do the same wouldn’t she like reach out, she refused at first when I said let’s sit down or come into my arms to be hugged and rested upon we didn’t even say our goodbyes or I love yous

Doesn't sound like any of those things involved you actually DIRECTLY asking her what's wrong. Sometimes people need to just be asked upfront. Has nothing to do with 'double standards', in fact that term does not apply here at all and you used it incorrectly. I agree with the other person - just straight up ask, no point agonising over it and working yourself into a panic because that won't help you find out what's wrong.
Reply 7
Well I’ve messaged her and let’s see what she says I’m nervous haven’t spoken to her once tomorrow hits for 2 days it was Sunday in the afternoon where everything was fine but once evening hit it just
Reply 8
Well I’ve messaged her and let’s see what she says I’m nervous haven’t spoken to her once tomorrow hits for 2 days it was Sunday in the afternoon where everything was fine but once evening hit it just

Why not phone? Or visit?
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia

Yaa
she might be pregnant or worried about something
Reply 11
She’s walked away on me, removed me from my socials TikTok, Snap. I think I’m blocked on imsg I only messaged her friend yesterday to tell her if she knew what was going on with her, and her friend messaged her for her to reply this was the same time where I left a miss call and messages on snap. On TikTok I said to her friend I may walk away I then clarified it’s just be a little inactive on socials just to give her room and space to herself and now she’s completely overreacted and overthinked this and she’s the one that has left me I don’t know what to do… was just asking her friend if she knew what was wrong why she was behaving like this wrong or to let her know just incase I don’t reply to her that I’m inactive and keeping to myself for bit was that really embarrassing… is it anyways 😞
Reply 12
Why get a friend involved? Why haven't you been to hers to talk face-to-face?
Reply 13
Original post by Surnia
Why get a friend involved? Why haven't you been to hers to talk face-to-face?

Can’t her parents. And how did I get her friend involved I only asked her if them two recently have been in touch.
Reply 14
Can’t her parents. And how did I get her friend involved I only asked her if them two recently have been in touch.

No, you asked the friend if she knew what was going on with your partner and made ambiguous comments about leaving her. Why? These are discussions you have with your partner, not a third party.

Why are her parents an issue? You hug in front of her home. Terming someone your 'partner' sounds more mature than gf, so is it her age, religion, what?
Reply 15
Original post by Surnia
No, you asked the friend if she knew what was going on with your partner and made ambiguous comments about leaving her. Why? These are discussions you have with your partner, not a third party.

Why are her parents an issue? You hug in front of her home. Terming someone your 'partner' sounds more mature than gf, so is it her age, religion, what?

Yeah but it wasn’t a big deal though her friend knew what I meant as should she we kept a promise to one another over never leaving each other yet she’s the one to remove me from socials. Her parents refused to discuss our long term together.
Reply 16
Yeah but it wasn’t a big deal though her friend knew what I meant as should she we kept a promise to one another over never leaving each other yet she’s the one to remove me from socials. Her parents refused to discuss our long term together.

OK, but more context needed. Why won't her parents discuss things? Are you just young teenagers? Is it a culture/religion thing?

Why didn't you ask what was wrong at the time, when you knew her behaviour was off?
Reply 17
Original post by Surnia
OK, but more context needed. Why won't her parents discuss things? Are you just young teenagers? Is it a culture/religion thing?

Why didn't you ask what was wrong at the time, when you knew her behaviour was off?

Well her parents are strict she’s tried 3 times discussing about us, about me to her mother her mother keeps on being insistent on her refusal and closes the question each time or subject. Nope not young teenagers 23 and 21. Nothing to do culturally or religiously. I’ve told both my parents and my mother insistent on meeting her and speaking to her mum but I put it to a halt. Clearly because her mum opposed against the idea.

Usually she’s always like give me some space and eventually I’ll open out to reach out, she didn’t even after I gave a day…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending