Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm currently in year 9 now going to year 10 when do you think i should start studying at home for the GCSES i really need good levels.
    Much appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    Study the information as you get it like make flash cards of what you did in class that day ect, I'd say start studying at January x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welshgirl20)
    Study the information as you get it like make flash cards of what you did in class that day ect, I'd say start studying at January x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for replying xx
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You still got ages, I would just make sure I understood the topics if I didn't ask for help. Do all homework and once you do your mocks then you can focus on revising the stuff you didn't do so good at etc. And also revise for the mocks *

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    You still got ages, I would just make sure I understood the topics if I didn't ask for help. Do all homework and once you do your mocks then you can focus on revising the stuff you didn't do so good at etc. And also revise for the mocks *

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaaofficiial)
    Hi I'm currently in year 9 now going to year 10 when do you think i should start studying at home for the GCSES i really need good levels.
    Much appreciated x
    2 weeks before the exam, revise 3 hours every DAY, take short breaks. exercise 10 minutes in every break. research suggests that people who exercise for at least 10 minutes after revising remember more information.
    test yourself with past papers. use active revision eg doddle. use a revision guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    2 weeks before the exam, revise 3 hours every DAY, take short breaks. exercise 10 minutes in every break. research suggests that people who exercise for at least 10 minutes after revising remember more information.
    test yourself with past papers. use active revision eg doddle. use a revision guide.
    Thanks i will certainly do it

ReputationRep:
    You need way more time than two weeks to revise, trust me I had A's and A* and I slowly increased the amount I revised every month untill a month before the exam when I did 3-5 hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Every one is different, me personally I only revised the day before each exam and I'm probably going to get As A*, when it comes to mocks OP will find out what she needs to know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't always work out like that, eventually you'll get to A levels and then using that method you'll be lucky to come out with an E

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You need way more time than two weeks to revise, trust me I had A's and A* and I slowly increased the amount I revised every month untill a month before the exam when I did 3-5 hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not really. Though it depends on the individual and it's of course better to "over-revise" than under-revise..

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you revise as early as possible to achieve high grades But don't do a lot x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaaofficiial)
    Much appreciated x
    Nothing chillax

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And reallly you don't. I'll explain why: I had my core science mock exam after the half term, which meant I only had about a week and 5 days to revise. But the thing is I didn't pay attention in class so I had literally 0 knowledge. Thats when I had to start from scratch and revise 3 hours every day onto the exam and I managed to get an A, one mark of an A*. So if learnt and revised from scratch and got an A in less than 2 weeks then I'm pretty sure you don't need more than 2 weeks to get an A*( if you payed attention in class)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your comments everyone its really helped me

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your comments everyone it's really helped me
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Doesn't always work out like that, eventually you'll get to A levels and then using that method you'll be lucky to come out with an E

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm aware of that but luckily this is gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Hashtosh302;66828712]Nothing chillax I don't understand what you mean by this comment x

And reallly you don't. I'll explain why: I had my core science mock exam after the half term, which meant I only had about a week and 5 days to revise. But the thing is I didn't pay attention in class so I had literally 0 knowledge. Thats when I had to start from scratch and revise 3 hours every day onto the exam and I managed to get an A, one mark of an A*. So if learnt and revised from scratch and got an A in less than 2 weeks then I'm pretty sure you don't need more than 2 weeks to get an A*( if you payed attention in class)[/QUOTE]

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.