The Student Room Group

what a levels do i have to do if i want to study criminology?

i am going to be in year 12

i have chosen to do English Literature, Classics and History but i want to swap from English Literature to Psychology or Chemistry

The job i want to be is either a forensic psychologist or a forensic pathologist
Original post by Kobisha
i am going to be in year 12

i have chosen to do English Literature, Classics and History but i want to swap from English Literature to Psychology or Chemistry

The job i want to be is either a forensic psychologist or a forensic pathologist

Studying psychology is helpful if you want to do psychology at university 😊 I'd recommend looking at criminology courses on university websites to see what subjects they look for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did a couple of modules with some Forensic Science ppl at UCL.

It used to be an MSc-only subject until recently, I think they're just starting to take undergraduates now.

I don't think there are any requirements, but Maths & Stats would probably be a good idea.

EDIT:

That was if you're looking at doing Forensic Sciences straight up. If you want Criminology, I don't know. But either way - if you want to be a Forensic scientist for a living, Literature, Classics, History doesn't seem the way to go. Need at least Maths and maybe a science.

Criminology doesn't teach you to be a forensic scientist. It's about understanding why criminals do criminal s**t.
(edited 7 years ago)
You need to look at the universities prospectus as entry requirements are different for each university.
You need to research uni/course websites to see their entry requirements. I suspect you will be needing more science-based subjects rather than arts.

Quick Reply

Latest