The Student Room Group

Why is student satisfaction a little lower at KCL?

I recieved higher grades than expected and so can go through adjustment. I'm very interested in KCL, but one thing that struck me is that on the league tables the student satisfaction is 3.90, which is a little lower than other unis on the list.

Is there a particular reason for this?
I wouldn't use it as a huge factor for applying personally.

@Slowbro93 @MrDystopia - Thoughts?
Original post by Rick978
I recieved higher grades than expected and so can go through adjustment. I'm very interested in KCL, but one thing that struck me is that on the league tables the student satisfaction is 3.90, which is a little lower than other unis on the list.

I don't think that picking a university due to student satisfaction is the way to pick a course, however although I had a really great time I am aware that the satisfaction rate was due to how expensive halls was with no affordable accommodation. There are ways around this by looking at the private sector though.
Original post by Rick978

Several reasons, which mainly pertain to the poor communication from the staff down to the students. Often lectures times are changed with very little warning beforehand, inconveniencing many. Said lectures are also known to suffer from time to time from poor audio quality when recorded and listened back to.

And as mentioned above, being London the accommodation prices are on the higher end of the scale when compared to the rest of the UK, which is invariably going to prove unpopular with students :wink:

This of course, doesn't detract from the quality of the university. I say this as a current student. The issues above are a nuisance but are by no means commonplace, so I wouldn't base your decisions entirely around the student satisfaction rating.

Quick Reply

Latest