The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Is it worth applying to KCL?

Hi all, I was considering maybe applying to KCL for law as an aspirational yolo kind of thing.

I got A*A*A (achieved - taking a gap year) but they were in poor A-Levels (Business, Economics, Media) and only 8777766665 in GCSE.

Firstly, are my chances of getting an offer slim? Secondly, I'm worried about the student satisfaction and the resultant rankings - is it worth applying?

Thanks
Original post by gregregregreg
Hi all, I was considering maybe applying to KCL for law as an aspirational yolo kind of thing.

I got A*A*A (achieved - taking a gap year) but they were in poor A-Levels (Business, Economics, Media) and only 8777766665 in GCSE.

Firstly, are my chances of getting an offer slim? Secondly, I'm worried about the student satisfaction and the resultant rankings - is it worth applying?

Thanks

I wouldn't say your chances are slim, KCL Law is pretty competitive but I don't think your at any specific disadvantage with your A-Levels as long as you can link them to why you wanna do law. Plus it's only 1 of your 5 choices so you've still got other options if it doesn't work out.

Re the student satisfaction, I'm in my third year at King's now and generally people seem to be happier about it than the numbers portray. The only main issues come from the costs because of it being in ldn and not being a campus uni.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn't say your chances are slim, KCL Law is pretty competitive but I don't think your at any specific disadvantage with your A-Levels as long as you can link them to why you wanna do law. Plus it's only 1 of your 5 choices so you've still got other options if it doesn't work out.

Re the student satisfaction, I'm in my third year at King's now and generally people seem to be happier about it than the numbers portray. The only main issues come from the costs because of it being in ldn and not being a campus uni.

Ah right ok, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest