The Student Room Group

My AS Level are so bad...

Hey guys, I received my AS Level results and I got D-Psychology (new spec), D-Business Studies (new spec) and C/B in Media (old spec). I am quite scared as this was my first year on boarding school in London (I am international student from Czech Republic). So I am quite scared, that I won't be able to go on a good uni (wanted to study law/criminology or fashion business-quite a range isn't it haha). My teachers told me, that it is good, that my results are OK, cause it was my first year abroad etc... What would you do guys? Repeat the year or keep going in the A2?
(edited 7 years ago)
If you know where you went wrong, and are convinced that you could improve your grades significantly the second time round, then I'd repeat the year. You still have a decent chance of getting into a 'good' uni if you can improve your grades second time round, whereas you'll struggle to get offers with those AS grades.

It may also be worth considering picking up a facilitating subject e.g. history if you do decide to re-sit the year, as business & media are less regarded by many universities. This may make it easier to get offers if you are determined to get into a top uni.

If you just continue on to A2 instead, you'll need to convince your teachers to predict you high grades. Re-sitting modules that you did particularly bad on this year could be one way of maximising your grades next year.

Quick Reply

Latest