The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

HNC Credit Transfer

Hi all,

I am new to TSR. I am an apprentice working for an engineering company and have recently completed my HNC in Menchanical Engineering with a grade of Distinction overall... below is the breakdown of the units:
Analytical Methods for engineers - Distinction
Engineering Science - Merit
Business management Techniques for Engineers - Distinction
Fluid mechanics - Merit
Project design implementation and evaluation - Distinction
Mechanical Principles - Distinction
Application of Pneumatics & Hydraulics - Distinction
Engineering Thermodynamics - Distinction

I would like to carry on studying and so I have been looking at OU and doing a Bachelors in Engineering via Open University. I am very keen on using these grades I achieved towards my degree qualification. If I am likely to be accepted credit transfer how many modules would I be able to skip? (I have provided the modules that I will be doing in my BEng with OU below). And I was also wondering if there is another apprentice/technician out there like myself that has been on the same boat as I am in terms of wanting to do a degree from a HNC or has already done that? This apprenticeship route is quite peculiar and it would be great to talk to someone that is doing something similar to me.
This site might help you in determining your credit transfer prospects, but you'll also want to read the disclaimer on the page:
http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-transfer/my-previous-study
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest