The Student Room Group

Starstudent7's Alevel journey to A*s

:angelwings::banana:Starstudent7's Alevel journey to all A*s:banana2::banana2:
Hi everyone, I have recently recieved my GCSE results after 2 years of hardwork.:biggrin: I managed to get 5A*s,4A's and 2B's:smile: Even though I worked hard for these grades and happy about them, I want to try harder at my Alevels and get A*s in all my exams. I know that in order to do this I need to manage my time and sacrifice certain things so I am willing to do anything to achieve my dream grades. I am starting 6th form next week and I will be updating you guys from then:u:(mostly when I do a lot of work:colondollar:). I would like to eventually study medicine and become a doctor.:smile:

I have been motivated to make this blog because of my wonderful TSR friend @nisha.sri. I have met so many wonderful people on TSR during my GCSE journey including @surina16@lilacpotato@brainzistheword@niv1234@NiamhM1801@SophFlorence and many more!:smile: I would like to thank all these people for motivating me with their own revision blogs and posts:smile:

The subjects that I will be taking at alevel are:

Biology(AQA)-I got an A at GCSE

Chemistry(AQA)-I got an A* at GCSE

Maths(AQA)-I got an A* at GCSE

Psychology(AQA)- I haven't done this at GCSE but you require a B in English language and I got an A so yeah:smile:

EPQ(Edexcel)

Voluntary/Extra curricular work undertaken so far:

Spoiler

My mock/end of topic test grades average (Year 12):

Spoiler

My predicted grades for AS:biggrin::

Spoiler

My GCSE results:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starstudent7
Hi everyone, I have recently recieved my GCSE results after 2 years of hardwork.:biggrin: I managed to get 5A*s,4A's and 2B's:smile: Even though I worked hard for these grades and happy about them, I want to try harder at my Alevels and get A*s in all my exams. I know that in order to do this I need to manage my time and sacrifice certain things so I am willing to do anything to achieve my dream grades. I am starting 6th form next week and I will be updating you guys from then:u:(mostly when I do a lot of work:colondollar:). I would like to eventually study medicine and become a doctor.:smile:

I have been motivated to make this blog because of my wonderful TSR friend @nisha.sri. I have met so many wonderful people on TSR during my GCSE journey including @surina16@lilacpotato@brainzistheword@niv1234 and many more!:smile: I would like to thank all these people for motivating me with their own revision blogs and posts:smile:

Psychology(AQA)- I haven't done this at GCSE but you require a B in English language and I got an A so yeah:smile:

So glad to see you've made this. I'll definitely be following it and I wish you the best of luck! Do keep us all updated :biggrin: (And well done on great GCSE grades :smile:)
Good luck. I hope you succeed and work hard to achieve your goals.
Yayy !! You've finally made it 😊 Well done on your gcse's and I'm sure you will do amazing for alevels 😉 I will be definitely watching this 😊 Good luck twin x
Yasss, we're doing the same a level subjects. Good luck!
Original post by brainzistheword
So glad to see you've made this. I'll definitely be following it and I wish you the best of luck! Do keep us all updated :biggrin: (And well done on great GCSE grades :smile:)

Thank you and yes I will:smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Yayy !! You've finally made it 😊 Well done on your gcse's and I'm sure you will do amazing for alevels 😉 I will be definitely watching this 😊 Good luck twin x

Thanks x:smile:
Congratulations on your amazing results; you should be insanely proud! Best of luck for A-levels. You're very welcome! I look forward to watching this closely, and you and @nisha.sri may have tempted me to start my own blog. We'll see... :smile:

I have been motivated to make this blog because of my wonderful TSR friend @nisha.sri. I have met so many wonderful people on TSR during my GCSE journey including @surina16@lilacpotato@brainzistheword@niv1234@NiamhM1801@SophFlorence and many more!:smile: I would like to thank all these people for motivating me with their own revision blogs and posts:smile:

My GCSE results:

Spoiler

Good luck! :biggrin: With that solid set of GCSEs, you should do great :smile:
Original post by SophFlorence
Congratulations on your amazing results; you should be insanely proud! Best of luck for A-levels. You're very welcome! I look forward to watching this closely, and you and @nisha.sri may have tempted me to start my own blog. We'll see... :smile:

Haha lol 😂😂 Well if you want to then you should and i would love to read it and I'm sure everyone else would too x 😆
Original post by nisha.sri
Haha lol 😂😂 Well if you want to then you should and i would love to read it and I'm sure everyone else would too x 😆

Haha! Thank you very much! :biggrin:
Good luck :smile: we are doing the same A-Levels, apart from I am doing RS (hopefully if my sixth form can fit it into the blocks) instead of psychology. I also want to do medicine :u: & well done on your GCSEs!
Original post by jazz_xox_
Good luck :smile: we are doing the same A-Levels, apart from I am doing RS (hopefully if my sixth form can fit it into the blocks) instead of psychology. I also want to do medicine :u: & well done on your GCSEs!

Thank you and I look forward to hearing about your alevel experience too:smile:. I hope that we both become doctors like we wish:h:
Original post by SophFlorence

Thank you so much:smile: Haha yes me and @nisha.sri have tempted you:wink:
Original post by _gcx
Good luck! :biggrin: With that solid set of GCSEs, you should do great :smile:

Thank you so much for your motivation and support:smile:

My GCSE results:

Spoiler

I wish you the best of luck. I am in exactly the same position as you and am wanting to sacrifice things for top grades. I am taking:
Maths
Further Maths (AS)
Economics
Chemistry

It would be funny if I replied to this blog at the end of this long but fulfilling journey with both of us with grades that we are happy with! Good luck
Reply 16
I'm aiming to do the same. I'm a year older than you but here's my progress atm

CIE History IGCSE: A*
CIE Spanish IGCSE: A*
CIE German IGCSE: A*
(didn't do politics GCSE)

AQA History AS: A (dropping)
OCR German AS: A (predicted A* at A2)
OCR Spanish AS: A (predicted A* at A2)
Edexcel Politics AS: A (predicted A* at A2)

A year of hard work got me there, one more year to go!!
Original post by kagawa88
I wish you the best of luck. I am in exactly the same position as you and am wanting to sacrifice things for top grades. I am taking:
Maths
Further Maths (AS)
Economics
Chemistry

It would be funny if I replied to this blog at the end of this long but fulfilling journey with both of us with grades that we are happy with! Good luck

Wish u the best of luck and I hope we do:smile: Thanks for ur support:wink:
Thank you so much:smile: Haha yes me and @nisha.sri have tempted you:wink:

Yup- I could not resist!
I did Biology and Psychology at A-level and got an A in bio and A* in psychology, so if you want some advice on how to study/revise etc for them then PM me, i'll be more than happy to help.

Congrats on those amazing set of GCSE grades and all the best for your A-levels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest