Watch
This discussion is closed.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Article

My eyesight is already bad - i'll probably be blind when i leave university!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
Article

My eyesight is already bad - i'll probably be blind when i leave university!
Oh dear...my eyesights quite bad too, I wear contacts. I may be half blind by the end of my course as I'm doing English Lit!
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I already wear glasses, after 6 years i'll look like Deidre Barlow/Rashid/whatever!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)

I already wear glasses, after 6 years i'll look like Deidre Barlow/Rashid/whatever!
:eek: Deidre! *lol* in year 10 my geog teacher broke her glasses and she had to wear Deidre-style glasses for a month or so; when we walked into the lesson we would just crack up! I still call her it occasionally (not to her face!) . But she's lovely <3
Pencil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Intensive reading?...

I did Literature last year and I only read 1 book and a few paragraphs. Most of my essays come from class notes and summaries.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
Intensive reading?...

I did Literature last year and I only read 1 book and a few paragraphs. Most of my essays come from class notes and summaries.
Is that what you're advising me to do?
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
:eek: Deidre! *lol* in year 10 my geog teacher broke her glasses and she had to wear Deidre-style glasses for a month or so; when we walked into the lesson we would just crack up! I still call her it occasionally (not to her face!) . But she's lovely <3

That woman (Deidre not your teacher ) has a lot to answer for!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm, I haven't noticed any deterioration yet; I'm already mildly short-sighted, I wear glasses/contacts and so far seem to have survived without a change. We'll see if that continues though.
slowjamz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Oh dear...my eyesights quite bad too, I wear contacts. I may be half blind by the end of my course as I'm doing English Lit!
Me too, I can already hardly see past my nose without my contacts in - 3 years of English Lit may just finish my poor eyes off!
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I already have bad eye sight and have to wear glasses for reading the board and things. My eyes end up hurting if I spend too long on the computer or reading a book with small text. God knows how I'll survice doing an English degree!
Elle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol.. I didn't realise Uni students worked that hard!
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They should rest their eyes every 30 mins or so, then their eyes won't be bad and stuff.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by slowjamz)
Me too, I can already hardly see past my nose without my contacts in - 3 years of English Lit may just finish my poor eyes off!
You're doing English Lit as well! Yay, where are you hoping to study this Sept assuming you're not taking a gap year?
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ah, I'm short sighted anyway.

I'll invest in a good lamp before uni then.
[-David-]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm, not good, i'll be a computer science student, starting at monitors all day and reading up on books.

Gah!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.79%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (56)
8.4%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (86)
12.89%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (80)
11.99%
Other reasons are stopping me going (86)
12.89%
Nothing is stopping me going (267)
40.03%

Watched Threads