The Student Room Group
SiAnY
Article

My eyesight is already bad - i'll probably be blind when i leave university!

Oh dear...my eyesights quite bad too, I wear contacts. I may be half blind by the end of my course as I'm doing English Lit!
Reply 2

I already wear glasses, after 6 years i'll look like Deidre Barlow/Rashid/whatever!
Reply 3
Sarky

I already wear glasses, after 6 years i'll look like Deidre Barlow/Rashid/whatever!

:eek: Deidre! *lol* in year 10 my geog teacher broke her glasses and she had to wear Deidre-style glasses for a month or so; when we walked into the lesson we would just crack up! I still call her it occasionally (not to her face!) :biggrin: . But she's lovely <3
Reply 4
Intensive reading?... :biggrin:

I did Literature last year and I only read 1 book and a few paragraphs. Most of my essays come from class notes and summaries.
Pencil
Intensive reading?... :biggrin:

I did Literature last year and I only read 1 book and a few paragraphs. Most of my essays come from class notes and summaries.

Is that what you're advising me to do? :tongue:
Reply 6
SiAnY
:eek: Deidre! *lol* in year 10 my geog teacher broke her glasses and she had to wear Deidre-style glasses for a month or so; when we walked into the lesson we would just crack up! I still call her it occasionally (not to her face!) :biggrin: . But she's lovely <3

That woman (Deidre not your teacher :smile: ) has a lot to answer for!
Reply 7
Hmmm, I haven't noticed any deterioration yet; I'm already mildly short-sighted, I wear glasses/contacts and so far seem to have survived without a change. We'll see if that continues though.
Reply 8
waiting2smile
Oh dear...my eyesights quite bad too, I wear contacts. I may be half blind by the end of my course as I'm doing English Lit!

Me too, I can already hardly see past my nose without my contacts in - 3 years of English Lit may just finish my poor eyes off! :tongue:
Reply 9
I already have bad eye sight and have to wear glasses for reading the board and things. My eyes end up hurting if I spend too long on the computer or reading a book with small text. God knows how I'll survice doing an English degree!
Reply 10
lol.. I didn't realise Uni students worked that hard! :tongue:
Reply 11
They should rest their eyes every 30 mins or so, then their eyes won't be bad and stuff.
slowjamz
Me too, I can already hardly see past my nose without my contacts in - 3 years of English Lit may just finish my poor eyes off! :tongue:

You're doing English Lit as well! Yay, where are you hoping to study this Sept assuming you're not taking a gap year? :smile:
Ah, I'm short sighted anyway.

I'll invest in a good lamp before uni then.
Reply 14
Hmmm, not good, i'll be a computer science student, starting at monitors all day and reading up on books.

Gah!

Latest

Trending

Trending