The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Anybody else here put catered halls as their preferred option?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
So I called UCL and asked them to fix some things regarding my offer details.
They said they would get to it "as soon as possible", which is very vague.
What the heck does that mean????
Reply 182
Original post by sonnet18
So I called UCL and asked them to fix some things regarding my offer details.
They said they would get to it "as soon as possible", which is very vague.
What the heck does that mean????

I contacted the admissions office by email almost a month ago now to change my offer and I haven't received a reply yet so I called them this week and they said they've received my email but it's just taking time go through their emails and they'll get to it asap. Even though its already been a month....
Original post by Zankou
I contacted the admissions office by email almost a month ago now to change my offer and I haven't received a reply yet so I called them this week and they said they've received my email but it's just taking time go through their emails and they'll get to it asap. Even though its already been a month....

That really sucks.
Accommodation closes on the 31st, and I need to know if my offer can be changed before firming an offer. I was worried about that when they told be ASAP, but they wouldn't tell me a time frame to wait when I asked. I might give them a call next week to follow up.
I would hate for them to do everything last minute, but sadly that's what it looks like right now.
That really sucks.
Accommodation closes on the 31st, and I need to know if my offer can be changed before firming an offer. I was worried about that when they told be ASAP, but they wouldn't tell me a time frame to wait when I asked. I might give them a call next week to follow up.
I would hate for them to do everything last minute, but sadly that's what it looks like right now.
Might be better to ring them up directly, rather than wait (potentially a while) for an email response!
Original post by Count Bezukhov
Might be better to ring them up directly, rather than wait (potentially a while) for an email response!

I called them on Wednesday, and they said they will update things "as soon as possible".
I'll probably call them again early next week. But they probably work on their own pace, to my frustration.
I called them on Wednesday, and they said they will update things "as soon as possible".
I'll probably call them again early next week. But they probably work on their own pace, to my frustration.
Ah, that's annoying. You'd think that with time being of the essence, they'd be on top of this kind of thing by now. It seems that they're quite slow to respond in general though, particularly with offers! Will the outcome of the correspondence determine whether or not you firm?
Ah, that's annoying. You'd think that with time being of the essence, they'd be on top of this kind of thing by now. It seems that they're quite slow to respond in general though, particularly with offers! Will the outcome of the correspondence determine whether or not you firm?

Yup. I won't be able to meet the offer if they don't change it. But they made the mistake with my offer.
I don't want to seem annoying by calling a lot, but I don't have much I can do otherwise.
Do you think I should wait a while longer or should I just call early next week?
Yup. I won't be able to meet the offer if they don't change it. But they made the mistake with my offer.
I don't want to seem annoying by calling a lot, but I don't have much I can do otherwise.
Do you think I should wait a while longer or should I just call early next week?
Given the urgency of the situation, it's probably best just to call as soon as possible and explain the situation to them in full. If you can get through to the right people, then hopefully they may respond sooner rather than later. It's probably best to ring up the admissions team for your subject (if you can, or ask to be put through to them) and see what they can do.
Given the urgency of the situation, it's probably best just to call as soon as possible and explain the situation to them in full. If you can get through to the right people, then hopefully they may respond sooner rather than later. It's probably best to ring up the admissions team for your subject (if you can, or ask to be put through to them) and see what they can do.

I thought that the number they provided on Portico was the only number that we should notify if problems arise.
Would the subject admissions team have more influence?
I thought that the number they provided on Portico was the only number that we should notify if problems arise.
Would the subject admissions team have more influence?
Oh, perhaps try the Portico one then. I haven't been on there in months, so I didn't know there was one! I thought the admissions team might be a good one to try since they're in charge of actually giving the offers out, so would likely be consulted anyway if your offer is to change. Try the Portico one first, since it's there, but if nothing comes of that then try the admissions team, or ask to be put across to the relevant people to deal with the situation :smile:
Oh, perhaps try the Portico one then. I haven't been on there in months, so I didn't know there was one! I thought the admissions team might be a good one to try since they're in charge of actually giving the offers out, so would likely be consulted anyway if your offer is to change. Try the Portico one first, since it's there, but if nothing comes of that then try the admissions team, or ask to be put across to the relevant people to deal with the situation :smile:

The Portico number was the standard one I called. When I called on Wednesday, they told me they would get to it soon. However, I'm really not sure how long they plan to drag it out to. My previous calls resulted in months of waiting.
So perhaps you're right and I should give my subject admissions team a call. Thank you for your advice!
The Portico number was the standard one I called. When I called on Wednesday, they told me they would get to it soon. However, I'm really not sure how long they plan to drag it out to. My previous calls resulted in months of waiting.
So perhaps you're right and I should give my subject admissions team a call. Thank you for your advice!
No problem, let me know how it goes! :smile:
I had my CAE checked in two days thanks to my dept admissions team so I believe it's more efficient (I am in a small dept though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MademoiselleJ
I had my CAE checked in two days thanks to my dept admissions team so I believe it's more efficient (I am in a small dept though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a positive sign @sonnet18

Which courses are you both holding offers from?
Science and Society (there's only 30 of us so it's pretty easy to get a reply!)
But I am pretty sure your dept can ask the admissions to speed up
Good luck 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is a positive sign @sonnet18

Which courses are you both holding offers from?

Thanks! My offer is for PPE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Science and Society (there's only 30 of us so it's pretty easy to get a reply!)
But I am pretty sure your dept can ask the admissions to speed up
Good luck 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for letting me know! I'll be sure to give my department a call :wink:
Thanks! My offer is for PPE.
Ah, nice! I'm doing Economics :smile:

(I love Politics and Philosophy too, but didn't so much fancy all the essays!)
Ah, nice! I'm doing Economics :smile:

(I love Politics and Philosophy too, but didn't so much fancy all the essays!)

Awesome! Economics can be very quantitative, which is why I hesitated on choosing that sole subject. However, it is very interesting!
Congratulations on getting that offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending