The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL v KCL for History

So, I got an contextual offer from both unis for ABB with A*AA predicted.

I like KCL because the course appears to be more varied and less British focussed from what I've seen on the module catalogue but I'm worried because UCL is a really great uni (higher in the rankings) and it's the one I was really hoping I would get an offer from anyways. For insurance, I think I'm going to choose QM anyway because despite the location, I like the course too.

Any help on which one I should?
You say that UCL is the one you were hoping to get an offer from though - why is that, if you prefer the course at KCL? I guess it comes down to whether you value the course or the uni more. Also, I can't necessarily speak from experience at either uni, but based on my knowledge UCL is incredibly internationally focused in general so even if the module offering might appear more British, you might be able to fiddle around with things to cater more to your interests? I'm not really basing this on anything though lol. But what I will say is that I wouldn't choose a uni purely because of its ranking; UCL and KCL are both great unis, and whilst UCL may be slightly higher on paper, it doesn't mean anything if you'd be happier elsewhere.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Not sure if you still need help, but I'm the exact same as you (KCL and UCL contextual history offers). I've been to both offer holder days and there's a lot of countries and periods you can do for both, as well as being able to do a module at another london uni if yours doesn't offer it. I've personally firmed UCL as it seems better socially (most societies in the UK), ranked higher, and the campus is nicer. They also put more effort into the offer holder day which was nice.

I took notes for both offer holder days, let me know if you want them since I think they have info you probably won't find online
Reply 3
Original post by yangoe
Not sure if you still need help, but I'm the exact same as you (KCL and UCL contextual history offers). I've been to both offer holder days and there's a lot of countries and periods you can do for both, as well as being able to do a module at aOnother london uni if yours doesn't offer it. I've personally firmed UCL as it seems better socially (most societies in the UK), ranked higher, and the campus is nicer. They also put more effort into the offer holder day which was nice.

I took notes for both offer holder days, let me know if you want them since I think they have info you probably won't find online

Oh hey!! That's such luck we had the same situation but I also decided to firm UCL! I'm lowkey glad I did as well tbh but if you want to send the info please do because i wasn't able to attend the actual offer days, especially as it will be helpful to know what it was like.
Reply 4
Original post by yangoe
Not sure if you still need help, but I'm the exact same as you (KCL and UCL contextual history offers). I've been to both offer holder days and there's a lot of countries and periods you can do for both, as well as being able to do a module at another london uni if yours doesn't offer it. I've personally firmed UCL as it seems better socially (most societies in the UK), ranked higher, and the campus is nicer. They also put more effort into the offer holder day which was nice.

Pls btw this is me, I forgot to turn off the anonymous feature LOL
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending