Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Applying for Medicine with a foundation year

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am a year 13 student and I study A-level chemistry, biology and psychology. At AS level I achieved an A grade for psychology and a C grade for biology, however I didn't sit the AS chemistry exam (I will be sitting both AS and A2 chemistry in 2017).

I don't know my predicted grades for A2.

I might not get to do the 5 year medicine degree. So I am interested in doing a 6 year medicine degree with a foundation year.

Some universities that do a medicine degree with a foundation year might not consider my application as I already study chemistry. They would consider those who study non-science subjects.

Does anyone know any universities that I should apply to (taking into consideration the circumstances that I am in)?

ReputationRep:
    University of Nottingham A108
    University of Southampton BM6 and Uni of East anglia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bristol if your sixth form/college is on their contextual offers list. KCL offers an Extended Medical Degree too.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.