The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I'm still 'awaiting results', both for the general fast stream AND diplomatic service (haven't been kicked off it yet). So either they really haven't expanded the successful band enough to take the top lot of diplomatic service people (tnj - I was told they initially re-interview 100 for DS, then of those 50 get a final interview?), or they're just being slow/have forgotten about me.
A guy from my uni has been told he was successful (although his first choice was central departments) so at least some people are getting through, no idea how many though. I can't believe all of us are going to be waiting until the end of April for the final decision! Urgh.
Reply 162
Here's a thought: has ANYONE heard of anyone who put DS as their first preference and has been told they were successful at FSAC? Everyone I know who has DS down has either been told they are unsuccesful or awaiting results, but this isn't the case for people who selected other options. I wonder whether everyone who has DS down, however well they did, is still awaiting results and wont get their results until all the FSACs are over and they know who they are putting forward for further interviews and who gets put forward for the second choice? The exception is people who have already dropped below the 'initially unsuccessful' mark, or below the top 50/100 who put DS down, so have either been told they are fully unsuccesful or that they are no longer in the running for DS respectively. In which case it's very good for all of us who put DS down and are still waiting.... thoughts? Go on, someone prove me wrong by saying they know someone who selected DS and who has heard....
Reply 163
I love your theory!! I didn't apply for the diplomatic service, i chose the clerkships option, which i'm still in the running for. but: i can't remember who it was but someone a few pages ago said that they were going for clerkships and had found out they'd passed fsac ... :s-smilie:

does anyone else wish that they were resetting the pass marks every week?! (obv). i can't believe that we now have to sit in the amber band for over a month before finding out.
Reply 164
My theory only applies to DS, not clerkships or science options. And it's probably wrong, just a random theory....
Reply 165
Hello all,
I wouldn't worry too much about being in the amber band - although as time progresses they will have a clearer idea of what the final pass mark will be they need to see pretty much everyone before allocating places, otherwise people who are attending the later FSACs would be at a disadvantage. Yes I do know of one person who attended FSAC for DS and heard they have been successful, but one would really need a top score to get through immediately. Overall though, still being in the amber band is more of a positive than a negative. That's my guess, anyway. Good luck everyone.
Hi
Just wondering if anyone else had had trouble logging in to the website recently. I've been trying since Thursday with no luck! I am in China at the moment so that could have something to do with it..
No probs logging in here, so might be the the firewall?
Yeah it's strange - I used to be able to get in with no problems!

I will keep looking here to see if there are any developments to the posted message.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 169
I found out that I've failed selection for the diplomatic service. i'm still awaiting results for the others, tho. i had my assessment day at the start of march. i don't hold out much hope tbh.
Reply 170
For what its worth and having read this thread - this is my experience of applying for the Fast Stream:

30/11/2007: Applied/Registered on website (the last day!)
22/12/2007: Completed Online Selection Tests
05/01/2008: Received Invitation to Supervised e-Tray Event
15/02/2008: Took Supervised e-Tray Event
16/02/2008: Informed I passed the e-Tray Event
18/02/2008: Received Invitation to Fast Stream Assessment Centre
07/04/2008: Attended Fast Stream Assessment Centre
09/04/2008: Informed I had passed the FSAC :smile:
mid-May: will be attending the Diplomatic Scheme/FCO Final Selection Board

I should make the following points:

1. My Assessment was originally due to take place in March but I was unwell on the day and it was rearranged for April.

2. The gap between taking the online selection tests and getting the e-Tray invite is because they were closed for Christmas/New Year.

As others have said, the Civil Service take your FSAC score and set 'immediately successful' and 'immediate fail' scores and in a couple of weeks will decide on their 'final' pass mark (mid April) - if you are still waiting.

They also do the same for the e-Tray which finish in mid Feb when a final mark is set and all those 'in the middle' know if they are going to the FSAC or not.

Also, I believe there are only one or two FSAC days left now - however, especially when the FSAC is doing daily assessments, they usually only upload candidates marks once a week on a Friday/Saturday - so ppl will normally find out within a week if they are 'immediately successful/fail' or in the middle somewhere.

If you are applying for the Diplomatic Scheme option , after passing the FSAC its a 2 part process.

The 1st part - they take the top 100 people (with the highest FSAC scored) to a half day FCO assessment centre.

Then, they take the top 50 of those who sit a 2nd half day of tests and interviews of which they choose the the 25 people/year or so that the the FCO are looking to recruit each year.

Hope this has been useful.
Hello,

I was just wondering if many other people are still awaiting for results for the Diplomatic Service. I still seem to be in the running but am surprised since the interviews aren't far off! And I'm working in China at the moment so not keen on the cost of a last-minute ticket....

Just trying to gauge how many people are in this position to see how likely it is that I'm going to have to rush back!

Thanks and good luck all!
Reply 172
Hello,

I'm still waiting on diplomatic service as well, can't be too long before they let us know.

Good luck
Reply 173
so: 'late april' ... hmmm. getting close, finally.
Reply 174
starry skies
aarg, the waiting's killing me. Anyone got their FSAC on the 7th April?

Bit late now - but I did :smile:

I was in Group 3 FWIW.. and was told I got an immediate pass a couple of days later
I can't believe how drawn out this process is. I applied in September and I still don't know whether I got the job- it's madness! I'm SO glad that I've got another grad job lined up, and that the fast stream was my second choice, otherwise the wait would literally be killing me!
gt94sss2
Bit late now - but I did :smile:

I was in Group 3 FWIW.. and was told I got an immediate pass a couple of days later

I'm still waiting, boo. Congrats on your pass. Were you new eden project/mountain bike comp/canals guy?
Reply 177
There seem to be LOADS of us still waiting! Do they really "update" people who fail after every week of new assessment centres? I know someone with an assessment centre tomorrow...Any ideas if this is the last week or not?
Messaged them, and they said results should be out the week of the 21st of april.
Reply 179
I have my assesment centre on monday (21st) and they told me that is the very last one so results should come out pretty soon after that!

Latest

Trending

Trending