The Student Room Group

SAAS False start?

I started a HNC in I.T in September but dropped out because I got an apprenticeship, I got 500 quid from SAAS in student loan last month and received a letter today confirming that I'd left and they'd contact me if they wanted any money back, so I was wondering:

1. what are the chances of SAAS taking the 500 back from me? My friend from college said once that he had a false start at uni and they never asked for any back, so is it safe to spend the 350 I have left or should I hang onto it?

2. What are the chances of them asking for the 1200 in tuition fees? I've seen some people say SAAS asked for the full 1000+ in tuition fees back after a false starteven though they recieved little to nothing in student loans.

Would be much appreciated if anyone could help out
Moved to the SAAS forum
Easiest thing to do would be to phone up SAAS yourself before you continue spending any of that money. Any information you might find in old threads could be outdated or be missing the full details of context. :smile:

Did you receive the money through the Students Loan Company (applied to via SAAS)? If so I would assume that you will have to return the £500, as you are receiving any money from them with the expectation that you will pay it back someday. Across April and May this year I received almost £1,000 I didn't feel I was entitled to, and I phoned them up to explain the circumstances as to why I should not have received anything. I don't recall if they said they wanted the money back immediately or if I could pay it later, but I paid it back upfront.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending