The Student Room Group

JP Morgan Bournemouth Work Experience 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
does anyone have any good hotel suggestions? would be much appreciated.
Original post by Vl7d
Are you from London? How will you arrange accommodation

Also from london here. Unfortunately the placement overlaps with my holiday so not sure if I'm going atm.

Would be helpful to hear from someone who did the course this year to know how useful it wil be?
Reply 62
Original post by adampoole1
Also from london here. Unfortunately the placement overlaps with my holiday so not sure if I'm going atm.

Would be helpful to hear from someone who did the course this year to know how useful it wil be?

Haha I go on holiday every year at least twice and with this i was considering not going at all in the summer just to go to this thing and other programmes.
Reply 63
Has anyone heard more from them???
Original post by mrjsj
Has anyone heard more from them???

No not since 16/12
Does anyone know when the Bournemouth Work Experience Program and the School Insight Day Program will open?? I believe the Bournemouth Think Ahead Program closed in October/November.

Thanks
Reply 66
Original post by adampoole1
No not since 16/12

Does anyone know when we can expect to hear more from them?
Reply 67
I heard back from JPM on the 29th! Got a conditional offer so was buzzing - now just have to pray to get my grades! I think everyone who got the apprenticeship has been contacted, as there is a Facebook group for the 2017 cohort.
I am intending on applying for the summer work experience with JP Morgan and understand that the applications are only open on the 21st October.

However on their website it does not explain what the actual application process is? I have heard that maybe a video interview or have to answer questions if anyone knows could you please get back to be as soon as possible?
Hi, thanks for that, so this video interview how was it arranged? Was you emailed a couple of weeks after you had applied and given a date for the interview, also what did you wear because I have heard people saying that it was necessary to be in formal attire?

Did you do the 1 or 2 week program, what was it like?? Where did you stay??

Thanks
Hi, okay thanks for all the help hopefully I get in. One more question - What ages went, was it mainly year 12–13 or was it quite mixed??

Cheers
I wouldn’t trust the online interview it’s probably one of those ones that scan and monitor your face. Quite sketchy
Original post by Reece.W.J
I wouldn’t trust the online interview it’s probably one of those ones that scan and monitor your face. Quite sketchy

I don’t think it would be that sketchy considering it’s with a late firm like JP Morgan and people have said they have done the work experience in the summer and it was good fun??
Okay. Thanks
Has anyone done their video interview yet?
Reply 75
It's a 4000 character essay
Original post by adoodling
It's a 4000 character essay

Hi, what is it about ?? Is that all you have to do ?
Original post by Liammm253
Hi, what is it about ?? Is that all you have to do ?

I submitted my application today. You need to answer 18 questions, the ones at the start saying what school you go to, what year you're in etc. Then they hit you with 'why do you want to attend this work experience' - max 4000 characters. the last 10 or so questions are legal stuff - i.e have you been in trouble with the law/ any history of fraud/ do any of your family work at jp morgan. I assume video interviews will come after they go through the applicants and pick out the ones they dont want.
What questions did they ask for the program and how long did you have to answer them
Original post by jamesj477
I submitted my application today. You need to answer 18 questions, the ones at the start saying what school you go to, what year you're in etc. Then they hit you with 'why do you want to attend this work experience' - max 4000 characters. the last 10 or so questions are legal stuff - i.e have you been in trouble with the law/ any history of fraud/ do any of your family work at jp morgan. I assume video interviews will come after they go through the applicants and pick out the ones they dont want.

Is there a time limit given ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending