The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Applicants and FAQs 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by froa98
Received an offer from Lboro for International Relations!

Couple of things: They didn't actually send me an acknowledgement so if you've sent your app off, don't worry they are probably considering it already.
I got the email at like 9pm so they could give you an offer outside working times.

I applied on the 10th of Oct & received offer on 17th!

Original post by eleanorgt
Received offer to study Politics with Economics (4yr sandwich)!

Hadn't received acknowledgement email prior, however I have also applied for the Economics with Politics course, of which I received an acknowledgement email but am still awaiting a reply

Original post by eleanorgt
Received offer to study Politics with Economics (4yr sandwich)!

Hadn't received acknowledgement email prior, however I have also applied for the Economics with Politics course, of which I received an acknowledgement email but am still awaiting a reply

Original post by RachelCx99
Just got an offer Off Loughborough for Mathematics and Statistics!!! AAA :biggrin:

Original post by Clarette
Just got an offer for BA Politics and International Relations! I wasn't sent an acknowledgement either so wouldn't worry too much. I applied a week ago really excited!

Congratulations everyone :smile: great news!

For those of you who didn't receive an acknowledgement email, this could be to do with the admissions department making an offer less that 1 day after receiving your application. If you wanted to PM us with your name and email address I can look into this for you.

Amy
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Ellie419
I applied over a month ago so would my application be at the bottom of the pile of applications? So should I expect to be waiting longer? And roughly what time are offers usually loaded onto UCAS so I know when to check track?

Hi Ellie419

Don't panic - it won't be that you are bottom of the pile. The Admissions Department have only just started to make offers and this is a long process due to the sheer volume of applications that they have to look through. It's just a case of being patient really - they will get back to all applicants but this will take some time so try not to worry :smile:

Good luck!

Amy
Just got an offer Off Loughborough for Mathematics and Statistics!!! AAA :biggrin:

I got mine yesterday too for Maths (5yr sandwich)! I'm so happy!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hiling99

That's great! Is loughborough your first choice uni? :smile:
Original post by Hiling99

Exciting news Hilling99! Congrats :biggrin:

Any questions just lets us know.

Amy
That's great! Is loughborough your first choice uni? :smile:

No, it's second after Oxford, but the competition is quite high so Loughborough might end up being my firm. :smile:
Haven't applied yet, I plan on doing so in the next week or something.

I want to apply for BA Industrial Design and Bsc User Centred Design
Highers: AAABBD
Advanced Higher Predicted Grades: AAB
THis year I'm studying, Design and Manufacture, Graphic Communication, Mathematics and an OU module in Mandarin.
Reply 47
How important do you guys value Gcse grades if my AS grades were good? Also, would it be a problem if my application was late (as in would offers run out)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by WorldofCrazies
Haven't applied yet, I plan on doing so in the next week or something.

I want to apply for BA Industrial Design and Bsc User Centred Design
Highers: AAABBD
Advanced Higher Predicted Grades: AAB
THis year I'm studying, Design and Manufacture, Graphic Communication, Mathematics and an OU module in Mandarin.

Is it your first choice? We could end up on the same course, I applied for BA industrial design too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AbbieL
Is it your first choice? We could end up on the same course, I applied for BA industrial design too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be really cool!

Yeah it's definitely my first choice, my other options don't really compare to it. I'm also applying to Strathclyde, Dundee and Northumbria. Where else are you applying?
Reply 50
Original post by WorldofCrazies
That would be really cool!

Yeah it's definitely my first choice, my other options don't really compare to it. I'm also applying to Strathclyde, Dundee and Northumbria. Where else are you applying?

I'm also applying for Bsc product design at Loughborough because like yourself my other options don't compare either but they are Huddersfield, central Lancashire and Leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Course: international relations
GCSEs: 2A*4A 4B C
AS: ABBB
Applied:19.10.16
Offer: 20.10.16
Original post by ansti

You got an offer the day after you applied?! Thats amazing, well done! I'm still waiting after 5 weeks. Loughborough is my first choice and its keeping me waiting :s-smilie:
Original post by ansti

Excellent news, congrats on the offer! Any questions let us know :biggrin:

You got an offer the day after you applied?! Thats amazing, well done! I'm still waiting after 5 weeks. Loughborough is my first choice and its keeping me waiting :s-smilie:

Honestly don't panic - the admissions office have only just started making offers and this is a very long process. They have so many applications to go through and each is looked at on an individual basis, so you can see why this can take some time! Just try not to worry - they will definitely get back to you but the timings vary for everyone and some hear back sooner than others. Good luck :smile:

Amy
Reply 54
[QUOTE="Ellie419;68137712"]You got an offer the day after you applied?! Thats amazing, well done! I'm still waiting after 5 weeks. Loughborough is my first choice and its keeping me waiting :s-smilie:[/QUOTE
Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be that quick! Don't worry I think they are normally longer, I haven't had offer from my others yet! Have you recieved an acknowledgement? What course did you apply for?
[QUOTE="ansti;68138640"]
You got an offer the day after you applied?! Thats amazing, well done! I'm still waiting after 5 weeks. Loughborough is my first choice and its keeping me waiting :s-smilie:[/QUOTE
Yeah I wasn't expecting it to be that quick! Don't worry I think they are normally longer, I haven't had offer from my others yet! Have you recieved an acknowledgement? What course did you apply for?

I applied for Sport and Exercise Science, I received an acknowledgement on the 15th September and a welcome to Loughborough email. It took 3 weeks for my first offer and I've got three now, 2 of which are unconditional, but I just want Loughborough.
Original post by Loughborough University
Excellent news, congrats on the offer! Any questions let us know :biggrin:

Honestly don't panic - the admissions office have only just started making offers and this is a very long process. They have so many applications to go through and each is looked at on an individual basis, so you can see why this can take some time! Just try not to worry - they will definitely get back to you but the timings vary for everyone and some hear back sooner than others. Good luck :smile:

Amy

I just know how competitive it is and honestly Loughborough has been my dream for years, so I'm finding it easy to worry about getting an offer. Whenever I check track and see a new update I get my hopes up that it will be Loughborough. I'll be slightly calmer as I'm getting 1 offer a week at the moment and I've already had one this week. I also have to apply for student support and DSA's so I want to get it all organised. But thank you for reassuring me. :smile:
I just know how competitive it is and honestly Loughborough has been my dream for years, so I'm finding it easy to worry about getting an offer. Whenever I check track and see a new update I get my hopes up that it will be Loughborough. I'll be slightly calmer as I'm getting 1 offer a week at the moment and I've already had one this week. I also have to apply for student support and DSA's so I want to get it all organised. But thank you for reassuring me. :smile:

No problem Ellie419 - I completely understand that it can be frustrating waiting to hear, fingers crossed for you!

Amy:smile:
Reply 58
Do you know when the design school tend to interview for places, I applied on Monday and was just wondering whether I will be waiting quite a while to be offered an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Re-post because first one got ignored :c

Will me not having good GCSE's have a negative effect on my application ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending