The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Predicted ABB for Graphic Design. Am I still able to compete with higher grades?

I'm currently apply to be in Loughborough and my predicted grades are ABB which are the minimal requirements. Now there's obviously going to be students with AAA or even higher but am I able to compete if an average of 850 students apply and only approximately 150 are chosen even if I can create great work?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently apply to be in Loughborough and my predicted grades are ABB which are the minimal requirements. Now there's obviously going to be students with AAA or even higher but am I able to compete if an average of 850 students apply and only approximately 150 are chosen even if I can create great work?

If the course to which you're applying has 150 places (which is I think what you're suggesting with "150 are chosen") then Loughborough will to make more than 150 offers in order to fill the course. This is because many of the applicants to which they make offers will opt to go elsewhere, and many who opt for Loughborough will fail to meet their offer grades.

It may be (and this is a complete guess) that Loughborough opt to make 5 x 150 (i.e. 750) offers simply because every applicant can apply for up to 5 universities, but can only accept one.

In that scenario, your application would need to be in the top 750 of 850 applications. Now, these numbers are completely arbitrary, but they should hopefully point out that your situation is as not as bleak as you might imagine.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by Anonymous

Hi there,

Great to hear you are thinking of studying at Loughborough!

I would recommend looking at this page here. Under entry requirements there is further information on selection which you may find useful. This explains applicants are selected on their UCAS application (including your personal statement) and also a portfolio submission and design task. This may put you at ease as selection won't solely be off your grades- other aspects are taken into consideration!

There are also contact details at the bottom of the page- they may be able to answer more specific questions you have.

I hope this helps :smile:

Alex

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending