The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Calling all 2017 Uni of Herts Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi Josh,

Congratulations on your unconditional offer!

You can apply for accommodation once you've received an offer of a place to study and to guarantee your student room on campus, you'll need to apply before 17 August and confirm acceptance of your place to study before 24 August.

Offers are made from 1 April to eligible students. Accommodation offers won't be made until your GCE A level results are known.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Heather

So no accommodation offers are made until A level results are known even if you are an unconditional offer holder?

Thank you.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
If the move in date is the 23rd then what about freshers week which begins on the 17th? Lectures also begin on the 25th so I'm currently confused.

Hi tbhjuststop,

It's great you've chosen Herts as your firm choice! :u:

The move in date for home students will be the 23rd September 2017. For EU/international (first year) students the move in date will be the 16th September 2017.

If you've got any other questions, just let us know.

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by danssjanae
If the move in date is the 23rd then what about freshers week which begins on the 17th? Lectures also begin on the 25th so I'm currently confused.

Hi there,

Fresher's week and start of term is week commencing 25th September. International students move in a week earlier, on the 16th September.

Thanks,
Heather
Original post by j0shcarr
So no accommodation offers are made until A level results are known even if you are an unconditional offer holder?

Thank you.

Hi Josh,

No if you are an unconditional offer holder, you won't need to wait until A Level results. Offers are going out within the next few weeks, so you should hear soon.

Thanks,
Heather
Hi Josh,

No if you are an unconditional offer holder, you won't need to wait until A Level results. Offers are going out within the next few weeks, so you should hear soon.

Thanks,
Heather

Hi Heather,

That helps a lot, thank you very much.
Guys get the campus society app to meet people from your university and course
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 206
Hi Angel here,
I have place Hertfordshire as my firm choice and I am going to study International Business. I hope to meet people in the same course as well as people thats going to be there in September any groupchats?
Hey Angel,

Congratulations on your place to study International Business!

There's a few Facebook groups for various subjects knocking about. It might be worth joining one of the Freshers ones, if you can't find a subject specific one.

All the best,

David
Is anyone doing law accelerated??
I'm studying bsc psychology at herts with the optional yeah abroad!
Original post by poppiee007
I'm studying bsc psychology at herts with the optional yeah abroad!

Hi there,

It's great you're planning on studying abroad. Where are you hoping to go? :smile:

Heather
Hi there,

It's great you're planning on studying abroad. Where are you hoping to go? :smile:

Heather

I was thinking the state, Aus or Canada? I'm pretty open to anywhere though, it'll be an adventure! is it your first year at hertfordshire?
Hey Poppiee007,

That sounds awesome. Auz is a lovely country and Canada is somewhere I'd like to visit myself!

All the best,

David
Original post by poppiee007
I was thinking the state, Aus or Canada? I'm pretty open to anywhere though, it'll be an adventure! is it your first year at hertfordshire?

As David said, sounds great! Yes I'm sure anywhere you go will be amazing :h:

I work in the marketing department at the Uni. I also studied English Literature with New Media Publishing here. I didn't study abroad, but really wish I had now!
Heyy!

Welcome to the University of Hertfordshire forum, we are really excited for you to apply to us for 2017! If you have already applied, then, wahooooo! :colondollar:

So . . .
What course will you be applying for?

How are you feeling about starting uni?

Let us know! We can give you some top tips and advice about uni life!

Brad & Heather :smile:

Got in for child nursing September 2017 intake:smile: v excited can't wait to start
Original post by farhanaaa44
Got in for child nursing September 2017 intake:smile: v excited can't wait to start

Congratulations Farhanaaa44!

Are you planning on living on campus or commuting? :smile:
Reply 216
I have a conditional offer for third year Audio Recording & Production :h: just finished two years of recording bands and doing the sound for live shows.

Any musicians joining this year or engineers going on the same course? I'd love to hear your work :smile:
Hey Arran S

Great news! Also sounds like you have some great experience already to help you with your studies!

Hopefully you'll be able to connect with fellow audio enthusiasts during your time at the University.

All the best,

David
I received an unconditional offer and have applied for accommodation but I haven't heard anything back yet. Also, do all the courses start on the 23rd September?

Any help would be appreciated!!
Niamh
Reply 219
Hiya!
Accepted my unconditional offer for International Business. Student Finance submitted and confirmed!

Just waiting for an update on the course validation!!

I'll also be commuting to Herts from London...

Anyone else?? Same course??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending