Turn on thread page Beta

Wish I studied the degree I enjoyed than the one I graduated in. watch

    • Thread Starter

    As a kid I was always interested in art and creative things. I found other academic subjects really difficult especially math.

    When I left school, I decided to take a science route even though it wasnt my strong point. I wish I studied the creative arts instead. I recently graduated with a 2:1 degree in psychology and human biology. But I feel no happiness. I dont want a career in my degree anymore. At the time it sounded more interesting but now I know I would struggle in the subject even though I got a 2:1.

    Do any of you feel like this?

    I'm having to rethink my career plan now, as my qualifications are science based and so is most of my work experience.

    I would love to do something like graphic design or animation. But I have no idea how I would pursue it, now that I would be classed as a mature student. Also I have no creative art based qualifications.

    Sorry for the ramble, I tried to keep it short.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    There are graphic design and animation degrees you can do but I'm sure there are shorter courses available too. Work experience is also a good way to get into the field. Being a mature student makes no difference whatsoever. People come into education at various stages of their lives for various reasons so don't let that hold you back. I'm sorry you're no longer interested in the field your degree is in and that's not a great way to feel but at least you've identified that and can now move forward. Good luck!
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.