The Student Room Group

Wish I studied the degree I enjoyed than the one I graduated in.

As a kid I was always interested in art and creative things. I found other academic subjects really difficult especially math.

When I left school, I decided to take a science route even though it wasnt my strong point. I wish I studied the creative arts instead. I recently graduated with a 2:1 degree in psychology and human biology. But I feel no happiness. I dont want a career in my degree anymore. At the time it sounded more interesting but now I know I would struggle in the subject even though I got a 2:1.

Do any of you feel like this?

I'm having to rethink my career plan now, as my qualifications are science based and so is most of my work experience.

I would love to do something like graphic design or animation. But I have no idea how I would pursue it, now that I would be classed as a mature student. Also I have no creative art based qualifications.

Sorry for the ramble, I tried to keep it short.
There are graphic design and animation degrees you can do but I'm sure there are shorter courses available too. Work experience is also a good way to get into the field. Being a mature student makes no difference whatsoever. People come into education at various stages of their lives for various reasons so don't let that hold you back. I'm sorry you're no longer interested in the field your degree is in and that's not a great way to feel but at least you've identified that and can now move forward. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending