The Student Room Group

Police or Forensic Psychology work experience?

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but I'm looking for work experience within the police or pyschology field and have so fat come across nothing. I'm in year 12, and currently studying french, history and pyschology a-levels, and hoping to study criminology and pyschology at university. I need to find work experience in my potential carreer for school, but no where seems to offer it in these fields. I was just wondering if anyone has done any experience in this field and could point me in the right direction, or if anyone has any where that is related?
[Idk if it's relevant but I live in London]
Thanks!
Reply 1
It's difficult to get experience in these areas because of confidentiality issues and the sensitivity involved - especially if you're under 18.

For over 18s, some potentially relevant work experience could include being an Appropriate Adult, detention advocate, working voluntarily doing admin or support work with the police, Victim or Witness Support services, drug & alcohol helplines, all sorts (although even then it's very difficult to get into).

Under 18...there's possibly things like Police Cadets if you're interested? Have a look at do-it.org - you can search specific locations or areas of interest, so you might get some more ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending