The Student Room Group

Nhs reference check

I was diagnosed with anxiety last yr and started SL for two months before resignation. Now this is much better and no longer relied on med .

I recently received a nhs band 2 position offer. It asked for reference for my sick leave history in previous 2 yrs. Will it hinder my employment prospect if the sick leave history being revealed ?

Furthermore I'm not feeling comfortable in disclosing my medical information to HR..
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Karena642
I was diagnosed with anxiety last yr and started SL for two months before resignation. Now this is much better and no longer relied on med .

I recently received a nhs band 2 position offer. It asked for reference for my sick leave history in previous 2 yrs. Will it hinder my employment prospect if the sick leave history being revealed ?

No - https://www.jobsite.co.uk/advice/can-potential-employers-check-your-sickness-record#:~:text=It%20is%20up%20to%20your,facts%20or%20risk%20legal%20action.
Reply 2
Hope this is alright. The offer is conditional one , means they would withdraw it in the worse case. 😕 any one got similar situation like me ?
Reply 3
Hope this is alright. The offer is conditional one , means they would withdraw it in the worse case. 😕 any one got similar situation like me ?

Pretty much all job offers are conditional on references etc.

You'll be fine, having sick leave won't stop you getting the job, and they can't discriminate against you for your health. Good luck!
I was diagnosed with anxiety last yr and started SL for two months before resignation. Now this is much better and no longer relied on med .I recently received a nhs band 2 position offer. It asked for reference for my sick leave history in previous 2 yrs. Will it hinder my employment prospect if the sick leave history being revealed ?Furthermore I'm not feeling comfortable in disclosing my medical information to HR..
I’m currently in a similar position, I’ve had 7 days off in the last two years, all seperate occasions. I work part time so sickness will always be marked as seperate instances. I’m worried as I recieved an email to say that my information is being passed onto the recruitment team and that my offer could be withdrawn. 4 of the days of absence was related to the bereavement of a close family member, 1 was due to covid, 1 was missing a shift after attending a traumatic job and the last one was due to my asthma. I was just wondering if they investigated your sickness and what the outcome was x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending