The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Maths (with/and Economics) applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apaulo5
I also received this email this morning, it's the 4 weeks email. It's not bad or good, it's just that thy need more time in order to make a decision. So you're still into the race, you passed the 8 weeks period! I'm French so I'm also an international applicant, what course do you apply for?

I applied to mathematics and economics , you ? But i dont think i will get in because 60% of my ps is about economics
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Pablomathematics
I applied to mathematics and economics , you ? But i dont think i will get in because 60% of my ps is about economics

Me too, I applied for Maths and Econ. Mine is trully about Maths so I don't know...
Reply 122
Anyone receive the 4-week email today? I actually expect to receive the decision within Februrary…
I am applying to Math and Economics.
Reply 123
Original post by LX233
Anyone receive the 4-week email today? I actually expect to receive the decision within Februrary…
I am applying to Math and Economics.

Me.. Applying to Maths with Economics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AQiiii

Posted from TSR Mobile

You guys will probably be waiting a while lol. My four weeks expired today and I still haven't heard back.
Reply 125
Original post by AQiiii

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess we still have to wait, then.:frown:
Original post by shivangisharma
No I don't know the reason.
😂 I wish I got an offer. This is only what the website specifies. I've been waiting 10 weeks and still haven't heard back.

LSE is insanely competitive though so meeting the entry requirements isn't enough. You need a really good UMS, great personal statement and teacher references
Reply 127
Everyone is so anxious in these threads lool. LSE probably will give the bulk of offers out in March/late February for maths so it isn't worth worrying now for a reply.
Got an offer from Maths with Economics today! Applied on 13th October, received 4 week email on 09/01/17

My stats are on the first post
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Got an offer from Maths with Economics today! Applied on 13th October, received 4 week email on 09/01/17

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Congrats!!

Will you be firming?
Hi all,

Just wanted to say good luck to everyone still waiting. My sister received an offer earlier today for maths and economics. Good luck! x
Original post by AAls
Congrats!!

Will you be firming?

Yep, most probably. Good luck!
Reply 132
Original post by TheRandomGenius

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Wow! Congrats! You really deserve it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Maths with Economics on Friday 10/02/17 at 4:08pm. If you have any questions feel free to ask and good luck everyone!
Just wondering what you think the chances are for my friend who is applying for Maths and Economics? She has 7A* 4As at GCSE, A*AAA predictions and AAB at AS (does the FM in one year in Year 13). She has a lot of mathematical/economics work experience as well. I think her 4 week email expired yesterday roughly. Any ideas? I really want her to get in...
How long will it take for them to email me i applied on 15th octoboer then got the 4week/8week emails following that and the deadline expired a while ago

Original post by A1_Ahmed360
Got an offer for Maths with Economics on Friday 10/02/17 at 4:08pm. If you have any questions feel free to ask and good luck everyone!

What were your predicted grades and gcse grades
Original post by wisdomcity
How long will it take for them to email me i applied on 15th octoboer then got the 4week/8week emails following that and the deadline expired a while ago

What were your predicted grades and gcse grades

I applied on the 5th of October and got the 4 week email on the 19th of December but I got my offer past the 4 week deadline, so don't worry, they give out offers until late March.
My GCSE grades: 1A* 5A's 3B' 2C's however I went to an underachieving secondary school in an economically deprived area which they ask about regarding your secondary school and it's postcode. A2 predictions: A*A*A* maths, further maths and economics.
Original post by Nomes24
Just wondering what you think the chances are for my friend who is applying for Maths and Economics? She has 7A* 4As at GCSE, A*AAA predictions and AAB at AS (does the FM in one year in Year 13). She has a lot of mathematical/economics work experience as well. I think her 4 week email expired yesterday roughly. Any ideas? I really want her to get in...

She definitely has a solid chance but it is highly competitive and her A2 predictions are slightly below the average applicant, however her chances of an offer will be swayed by her personal statement primarily but she defintely has a chance; good luck to her!
Original post by A1_Ahmed360
She definitely has a solid chance but it is highly competitive and her A2 predictions are slightly below the average applicant, however her chances of an offer will be swayed by her personal statement primarily but she defintely has a chance; good luck to her!

Ah thank you, I hope her PS is good then XD I really want her to get in as I'm going to UCL (provided I meet my offer) and we have always dreamed of sharing an apartment in London second year but if she doesn't get LSE she'll go to Bristol... fingers crossed I guess :smile: Congrats on your offer btw!
Original post by Nomes24
Ah thank you, I hope her PS is good then XD I really want her to get in as I'm going to UCL (provided I meet my offer) and we have always dreamed of sharing an apartment in London second year but if she doesn't get LSE she'll go to Bristol... fingers crossed I guess :smile: Congrats on your offer btw!

fingers crossed for her I guess and thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending