The Student Room Group

Contract law essay help !!!!

Hi guys , I have an essay for contract law . I am struggling with what to include as we were advise not to talk about ADR.
My question is " The idea that two capable parties should be free to contract on their own terms is now outdated due to parliamentary and judicial intervention " critically discuss this statement paying close attention to implied and expressed terms in the law of contract .
Reply 1
Please read the sticky for this part of the forum first :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mimir
Please read the sticky for this part of the forum first :smile:

Hi, I think I've read the correct one, I am not too sure as I am new to this
Reply 3
Original post by Krissy_oxo
Hi, I think I've read the correct one, I am not too sure as I am new to this

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65449061#post65449061
Reply 4

Ohh okay I was thinking it was basically stating that you cannot go into your own contract without judicial intervention. Which is were I look at cases in which this has happened. I just want to know if I am on the right path not nessarily telling me what to do
Reply 5
Well more that they cannot come to terms with a contract as they do not have enough legal knowledge which is were the courts intervene. From there I discuss what Implied and express terms are In a contract and find cases to support that. It's just the part on civil law I am confused with . I was thinking I talk about the civil justice system and how they deal with disputes ( not in terms of adr )
Reply 6
Original post by Krissy_oxo
Well more that they cannot come to terms with a contract as they do not have enough legal knowledge which is were the courts intervene. From there I discuss what Implied and express terms are In a contract and find cases to support that. It's just the part on civil law I am confused with . I was thinking I talk about the civil justice system and how they deal with disputes ( not in terms of adr )

Hi there im self teaching myself As Alevel law I need help with how to answe problem questions for Criminal law and tort law. I've attempted to answer June 2013 past paper question 03 in criminal law I've done the first bit of the question where its says " outline the law relating to the offence of assault, and briefly discuss whether Amir would be guilty of this offence" However, for the second part of the question im stuck i dont know how to answer" briefly discuss what difference, if any, it would have made if Carla had taken Amir’s statement as a joke and had not panicked or jumped from the car" in the way that will score me high marks. Please if you can help me I beg. How would you answer it . Also if you have other materials for section A and B unit2 Law As level AQA in particular please send them to me. I'm very determined to do well my single mother paid alot of money for my exams I really want to do well. Please if you can help me with especially on how to answer problem questions in Criminal Law and Tort law. Thanks in advance, :smile:
Reply 7
Hi for this question you would state that if she had taken it as a joke ,assault would not have been formed as she would not have feared violence and therefore assault wouldn't be satisfied, obviously in a bit more detail . I didn't do tort only criminal law and civil law. I only have some material for A2 level
Reply 8
Hello. I've added a label to your thread - hopefully the right people will look at it and be able to help! You can change the label if it is wrong :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending