The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ramaya
Ah but they're SAT's - not real qualifications (as such).
I like low grade boundaries myself. I honestly thought i was getting CC for double science (meaning i couldn't continue doing bio and chem) but got AA and i think that was down to low grade boundaries.

I know, my year 6 SAT's were 6,6,6 - basically the same as my year 9 ones! :redface:

In science if I don't get 2 A*'s I'll be really upset, but I found the exams easy, so fingers crossed, I should be fine. :smile:
Swing
Congratulations. I was predicted an A* in my stats and fot a B, (1% from an A) and was predicted 8,8,EP in my SAT's and got 6,6,7. I always under achieve. :eek: I think GCSE's went ok though. :smile:

I got a B in GCSE Stats and was 'meant' to get an A. I was two marks off! I still remember a question i did wrong as well, which would have got me an A! It was 2 years ago lol.
Reply 202
Swing
I know, my year 6 SAT's were 6,6,6 - basically the same as my year 9 ones! :redface:

In science if I don't get 2 A*'s I'll be really upset, but I found the exams easy, so fingers crossed, I should be fine. :smile:

Thats good :cool:
My SAT's (and i have forgotten so theres every chance they were lower) i think were 6-6-5 with the 5 for science. How things have changed! I found them really pointless at that stage of life.
Reply 203
SiAnY
I got a B in GCSE Stats and was 'meant' to get an A. I was two marks off! I still remember a question i did wrong as well, which would have got me an A! It was 2 years ago lol.

I never knew any of my marks for GCSE's though, so i have no idea if i just missed/got a grade. :confused:
Ramaya
I never knew any of my marks for GCSE's though, so i have no idea if i just missed/got a grade. :confused:

I only knew that mark because i did in it year 10 and he told us when we went back to school. I don't know what i got for any of my other subjects, although my German teacher saw me once and told me i got the highest German mark in my year and i beat the amazing girl! :biggrin:
Reply 205
sorry guys i was just cheking something...carry on... :biggrin:
Reply 206
SiAnY
I only knew that mark because i did in it year 10 and he told us when we went back to school. I don't know what i got for any of my other subjects, although my German teacher saw me once and told me i got the highest German mark in my year and i beat the amazing girl! :biggrin:

Thats handy! You did really well to get top marks :biggrin:
IntegralNeo
sorry guys i was just cheking something...carry on...
Yep i was wondering why you closed it..
SiAnY

I was 2 marks off an A as well, freaky. It was out of 200 so I say I was off by 1%, sounds closer. :tongue: I don't remember any of the questions though.

Ramaya
My SAT's (and i have forgotten so theres every chance they were lower) i think were 6-6-5 with the 5 for science. How things have changed! I found them really pointless at that stage of life.

Indeed, they don't matter at all, nobody tries for them and it doesn't suggest how good a student you are. :smile:

SiAnY
I only knew that mark because i did in it year 10 and he told us when we went back to school.

Yeah, that's the same as me. :smile:
I was stupid and worked really hard for my SATs :tongue:
I remember going off on a complete tangent for my english sat extention paper about how cities were like living organisms. Almost...alive...you might say.

Needless to say, I got a level 7.

In all three.
SiAnY
I was stupid and worked really hard for my SATs :tongue:

Tut tut, amateur mistake.

Wise One
I remember going off on a complete tangent for my english sat extention paper about how cities were like living organisms. Almost...alive...you might say.

LOL!!! That's almost as bad as my english GCSE paper, I started going on about how schools would be better if they had more ponds. :confused:
Reply 211
Wow i seriously cannot remember one thing about my SATs.
Wise One

Needless to say, I got a level 7.

In all three.

I wrote such crap in that exam. I also got L7 :biggrin:
SiAnY
I wrote such crap in that exam. I also got L7 :biggrin:

Makes me wonder how I only got level 6. :frown:
Reply 214
Essays? Aren't those things for like 11 year olds? :confused:
Reply 215
do u think i'm tempting fate by making a load of little congratulations cards for friends already? i've signed some of them, not all of them, i'll have some time between 9 and 11 am on thursday to finish doing that hopefully. i've done the cards for my close friends though....i really feel like i shouldn't be doing them yet, that i should be waiting or something!
Wat time exactly do you pick up the results
Reply 217
amrou
Wat time exactly do you pick up the results

IT's different for all schools - if your school has a website it will tell you. Ours lets us pick them up at 9:00 which is earlier than most!
Reply 218
You could write "congratulation / commiserations" and delete as applicable. I'm sure that would go down real well...
For my English GCSE, in describing a 'place I hate', I compared the London Underground to Hell. Literally. I wrote about being chased through a firey London Underground by Demonic Commuters. And I got an A. Probably on my coursework and the other paper, admittedly. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending