The Student Room Group

MMIs

Heyy so the MMIs have a set amount of time for each station, so I dont understand how to know when to stop - because I heard there isnt a timer visible to you? Also, how do you avoid being cut off mid - sentence? Are we supposed to just try to leave a few seconds of awkward silence at the end and stare at the interviewer?
Reply 1
Original post by Ra_Ar
Heyy so the MMIs have a set amount of time for each station, so I dont understand how to know when to stop - because I heard there isnt a timer visible to you? Also, how do you avoid being cut off mid - sentence? Are we supposed to just try to leave a few seconds of awkward silence at the end and stare at the interviewer?

Hi, so yeah MMIs are normally under a very tight time limit which can feel stressful at the time and can be a bit hard to navigate. I wouldn't be scared of being cut off mid sentence by the interviewer - that's just a bit of a fact of the process, they're not expecting you to maintain a perfect countdown timer in your head. I'd instead think about 3 points I want to talk to them about and make sure I cover all 3 of those points in my answer and then, if there's time left once you've made your points, I'd go back and go into a bit more detail if there was anything else I could think of adding. That way, you ensure you fully answer the question and still make the absolute best use of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending