The Student Room Group

100 Women 2016: I am a 'surrendered wife

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37861459

Can you imagine my shock?

Self-professed Feminist stops nagging her husband and saves her marriage.
She stopped being controlling and insead treated him as an adult.
That poor guy, I'm surprised he didn't file for divorce.
Reply 3
You see this in marriages (from both sides) all the time. I've never really understood the controlling/nagging/being an ******** inclination that seems so strong in so many couples.
Have you got a weird obsession with Feminism or something?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

Exactly what I was thinking!:tongue:
Other than letting him manage household finances, none of the principles are the least bad radical, just basic advice for maintaining a good long term relationship regardless of whether you are the man or woman.
Original post by Dodgypirate
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37861459

Can you imagine my shock?

Self-professed Feminist stops nagging her husband and saves her marriage.

Californian Kathy Murray says she saved her marriage by giving up trying to control her husband.

SHOCK HORROR :shock:
Reply 8

Yeah, I'm obsessed with equality and have a weird fetish for it.
Yeah, I'm obsessed with equality and have a weird fetish for it.

Nah, you complain about third-wave Feminism, but seem to have some weird obsession with it.
The feminist part is clearly much less relevant than the nagging and controlling part. You don't need to drag anti-feminism into every debate.

Of course what she's actually done should be pretty obvious, though often it isn't. Can't go wrong with treating your partner as an equal, really.
Nah, you complain about third-wave Feminism, but seem to have some weird obsession with it.

I'm an overt critic of it yes. Are you saying there's something wrong with that?
I'm an overt critic of it yes. Are you saying there's something wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that. I'm just pointing out, that if you don't like something you tend to not go on about it.

Plus, was this post trying to insinuate that the fact that she's a Feminist, makes her more prone to 'nagging' her husband?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending