The Student Room Group

Staying at 6th form for three years

If I stayed at 6th form for 3 years instead of 2, would it affect me getting into University?
Original post by Obscure_But_Here
If I stayed at 6th form for 3 years instead of 2, would it affect me getting into University?

Nope. Most people don't do so good in their first year of 6th form/college and end up retaking a year. As long as they still had good grades by the end of Alevels and a killer personal statement, they managed to get to uni. You'll be alright :smile:
Original post by DabThruALevels
Nope. Most people don't do so good in their first year of 6th form/college and end up retaking a year. As long as they still had good grades by the end of Alevels and a killer personal statement, they managed to get to uni. You'll be alright :smile:

Well I am currently in my second year of Alevels, but Chemistry isn't going my way at all. I was hoping my school would allow me to stay for another year and do one Alevel (e.g English) but was scared it would effect how Universities see me, so thank you:smile:
Original post by Obscure_But_Here
Well I am currently in my second year of Alevels, but Chemistry isn't going my way at all. I was hoping my school would allow me to stay for another year and do one Alevel (e.g English) but was scared it would effect how Universities see me, so thank you:smile:

Naa you'll be okay. So did you wanna pick up English as an AS level then? I say unless you really wanna do it, don't bother wasting a whole year only doing only one subject. Focus on boosting your understanding of Chem if you're worried about ums points. If you believe you can achieve, you will. I did Chemistry in ALevels so if you're stuck on anything or have any questions, feel free to ask.
I mean I may have forgotten bits of I think but I still have my notes to look back on :biggrin:
Also, there's loads of chem threads around on TSR so look out for those.
Original post by DabThruALevels
Naa you'll be okay. So did you wanna pick up English as an AS level then? I say unless you really wanna do it, don't bother wasting a whole year only doing only one subject. Focus on boosting your understanding of Chem if you're worried about ums points. If you believe you can achieve, you will. I did Chemistry in ALevels so if you're stuck on anything or have any questions, feel free to ask.
I mean I may have forgotten bits of I think but I still have my notes to look back on :biggrin:
Also, there's loads of chem threads around on TSR so look out for those.

Well as a back up plan I would take the whole English Alevel in one year (next year) and get a job (money for Uni!:biggrin:). Plus hopefully boost my personal statement, with work experience relating to my course ect.
Chemistry is at an E for me at the moment, so it hasn't gone up from my AS Grade. I learn the content okay, but I suck at relating it to the exam questions. Plus all my little calculator errors add up.
Oh cool, what did you get? And thank you very much:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest