The Student Room Group

Reapplying to year 12 and changing courses

I’m currently going to Sixth doing a course I don’t want to do as I Got a Grade 3 English language which didn’t allow me to do A-levels in about two weeks I’m going to get my Remark back and hopefully I get to Grade 4 to do a levels, however if I don’t get a 4 and I stay at a grade 3 is it possible to resit my English language GCSE and then at the end of this year reapply for A-levels and start year 12 off again??
Original post by ikky700
I’m currently going to Sixth doing a course I don’t want to do as I Got a Grade 3 English language which didn’t allow me to do A-levels in about two weeks I’m going to get my Remark back and hopefully I get to Grade 4 to do a levels, however if I don’t get a 4 and I stay at a grade 3 is it possible to resit my English language GCSE and then at the end of this year reapply for A-levels and start year 12 off again??

Generally yes, but it would depend on the individual college.

The grade requirements are set by the individual college, not the exam boards or some central education regulatory body.

What you should bear in mind is that there is an upper age limit to whether sixth form colleges would accept you for A Level courses. This is usually 17; if you don't get in by then then you might miss out on 6th form. You would need to check with the individual colleges that you want to apply to to be sure.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
Generally yes, but it would depend on the individual college.

The grade requirements are set by the individual college, not the exam boards or some central education regulatory body.

What you should bear in mind is that there is an upper age limit to whether sixth form colleges would accept you for A Level courses. This is usually 17; if you don't get in by then then you might miss out on 6th form. You would need to check with the individual colleges that you want to apply to to be sure.

Yes, I am the youngest in my year as my birthday is in august, I’m currently 16 and going to turn 17 next year therefore i think it’s possible for me to restart a level’s in year 12 again as I’m going to be 17 and 18 when I leave
Original post by ikky700
Yes, I am the youngest in my year as my birthday is in august, I’m currently 16 and going to turn 17 next year therefore i think it’s possible for me to restart a level’s in year 12 again as I’m going to be 17 and 18 when I leave

I would check with the individual colleges nevertheless. Some can be very picky about how you interpret that.

Quick Reply

Latest