The Student Room Group

Scoring an A/A* in Chemistry A levels

My only A-level subject this year is chemistry and I'd love to score a high grade. I'm studying very well and following the specifications provided by the syllabus but my only problem is answering paper 4 questions. I know the answers but the way my answer is structured leads me to losing marks. How can I improve my answering skills in terms of structure and language and how can I achieve my goal of getting an A? Any helpful tips or tricks?

Please make sure to check out this website! http://studywise.co.uk/a-level-revision/chemistry/
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

what exam board are u doing ?
Reply 2
Original post by pondsteps
what exam board are u doing ?

CIE
oh, i do edexcel
Do lots of past papers. For questions that you get wrong, memorise the mark scheme, you'll soon see a pattern

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
oh, i do edexcel

:five: I do edexcel too. So when are you taking your exams?
Original post by Reshyna
:five: I do edexcel too. So when are you taking your exams?

oh really !! AS or A2???
i do international edexcel (IAL) so im setting unit 4 this jan and unit 5 and 6 in may/june. already did 1,2,3 last year, wbu?
Reply 7
i'm taking them on the 8th of may and the 15th of may!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
oh really !! AS or A2???
i do international edexcel (IAL) so im setting unit 4 this jan and unit 5 and 6 in may/june. already did 1,2,3 last year, wbu?

A2!! i will be sitting for papers 4 and 5 in may 2017!
Reply 9
Thank youu! good luck with your studies and exams too!
Reply 10
Original post by lovelybow
Do lots of past papers. For questions that you get wrong, memorise the mark scheme, you'll soon see a pattern

Posted from TSR Mobile

sounds helpful, thanks a lot!
I do edexcel and am giving unit 4 in jan all i can say is know ur concept deeply and practice
For Flip sake, Don't tell me they bring those cursed questions: "You will be assessed on using good english" :angry:
They were an absoloute piss take at GCSE.
Th3y do and its a nightmare
Reply 14
Original post by Bulletzone
For Flip sake, Don't tell me they bring those cursed questions: "You will be assessed on using good english" :angry:
They were an absoloute piss take at GCSE.

Testing how well candidates can clearly communicate their ideas is really important, which includes good grammar and sentence structure.
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
I do edexcel and am giving unit 4 in jan all i can say is know ur concept deeply and practice

im doing edexcel unit 4 this jan too!! hows revision going ??
Inorganic part is awesome but the organic part and me dont really like each other😂😂
im doing edexcel unit 4 this jan too!! hows revision going ??

How's ur practice going?
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
How's ur practice going?

same i actually really like organic in this unit but im quite struggling with exam technique and since im self studying i dont have any guidance :frown:
same i actually really like organic in this unit but im quite struggling with exam technique and since im self studying i dont have any guidance :frown:

I dont know why but i find self studying extremely difficult

Quick Reply

Latest