The Student Room Group

Chosing A-Levels are these ok?

Psychology
Sociology
Government & Politics

I want to do psychology with criminology at university, and I'm trying to aim for AAB or ABB results in my A-Levels but I'm not too sure what uni I want to go to or if they have specific subject requirements for that course??? Would those 3 A-levels be ok to do Psychology with criminology?
Choosing subjects you enjoy is the most important thing and secondly those you are good at. You should consider taking a facilitating subject though as it is valuable to have at least 1. Especially if you're considering a Russell Group Uni.
http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/
That being said, there are no official requirements for this course at a lot of universities. So overall, there seems to be no problem taking those specific a levels. Government and Politics is amazing btw. But, if you're considering Russell Group it might be wise to do a facilitating subject. However, doing what you enjoy is the most important!
Thanks, i was thinking that
Original post by rosie.mn
Choosing subjects you enjoy is the most important thing and secondly those you are good at. You should consider taking a facilitating subject though as it is valuable to have at least 1. Especially if you're considering a Russell Group Uni.
http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/
That being said, there are no official requirements for this course at a lot of universities. So overall, there seems to be no problem taking those specific a levels. Government and Politics is amazing btw. But, if you're considering Russell Group it might be wise to do a facilitating subject. However, doing what you enjoy is the most important!
Google "Russell group informed choices".
Original post by Isobelle James
Psychology
Sociology
Government & Politics

I want to do psychology with criminology at university, and I'm trying to aim for AAB or ABB results in my A-Levels but I'm not too sure what uni I want to go to or if they have specific subject requirements for that course??? Would those 3 A-levels be ok to do Psychology with criminology?

Although psychology counts as a science at many unis now I would recommend a pure science or english to strength your application.

Quick Reply

Latest