The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by username2926188
I was sitting down and thinking about random stuff. And realised, I've never met a Mexican or any other Hispanic in all 16 years of living.

There are many in London. But the rest of UK, no not really
Yeah, the OP's been inactive for 3 years!
Reply 22
I have never met a Hispanic in London (where I live) or the UK either, though I have met several people from Spain and Portugal. Asians and Hispanics are part of the US world sphere and dont tend to bother with the UK.
Reply 23
I was sitting down and thinking about random stuff. And realised, I've never met a Mexican or any other Hispanic in all 16 years of living.

Have you met any English speakers who might have helped with "are" rather than "is" and "there" rather than ....

They're probably avoiding you for fear of making you feel like you are loco for not habla'ing the ingles.

Thinking of it, I meet a lot of them but I just pass them off as English or European because I never ask where they're really from. And mind you these are people in my class, but when I meet their parents, their parents have an accent and then I'm like 'oh, where are you from?'. I have Russian, Lithuanian, Spanish, Turkish, Morrocan, Hungarian friends, and tbh the list is endless. Maybe just ask.

I've met a beautiful Latina before. So they exist. But not that many because of visa and migration not given to them..
Oh I'm Latina and I know one Latino here. He's mixed race. Half Mexican, 1/4 Iranian, 1/4 Indian.

There are only a few people with Mexican origin in the UK, which explains why you have hardly met any. 2011 Census recorded 8,869 Mexican-born residents in England, 196 in Wales, 620 in Scotland, and 86 in Northern Ireland. More than half of the Mexican-born residents recorded by the census in 2011 lived in London or South East England. However, 40% of this population are students, therefore if you look keenly, you might meet a few

Latest