The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raj_periyalingam
Very good, clever idea but I like tea!! Coffee is disgusting man

I'd love to spend some time looking into the mathematics of tea. One thing I've always wanted to look into in more detail is the idea that pyramidal teabags are better.
If any tea making companies are reading this, please get in touch: I'd be delighted to work with you.
Original post by Dr William Lee (University of Portsmouth)
I'd love to spend some time looking into the mathematics of tea. One thing I've always wanted to look into in more detail is the idea that pyramidal teabags are better.
If any tea making companies are reading this, please get in touch: I'd be delighted to work with you.

No, I'm just a regular guy, not a tea company CEO! But I've always heard that pyramid bags are better because of increased surface area although it doesn't seem to make a big difference to me. PG Tips' biggest selling point is the pyramidical tea bags.
Reply 22
Original post by Raj_periyalingam
No, I'm just a regular guy, not a tea company CEO! But I've always heard that pyramid bags are better because of increased surface area although it doesn't seem to make a big difference to me. PG Tips' biggest selling point is the pyramidical tea bags.

Tea bags typically contain highly shredded leaves in a rather fully filled bag.

As a regular tea (in bags) drinker and practitioner of traditional tea arts, I would like to suggest that there is a kind of tea called the Yorkshire Tea, which uses larger bags with less bits of tea and should give far larger surface areas than the more common ones.

And it's pivotal that better can be defined. Otherwise for a better tea bag you simply have to actually use better tea, other than crap blend.

Although if PG's pyramidal bags contain whole leaves, they should some how make a difference, since individual leaves require certain space to expand their bodies and thus gradually release their flavor.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest