The Student Room Group

How did you choose what team to support?

Hey, I've always struggled to find a football team to support as I first lived in a rural village before London, and so I don't have that 'home' connection to any team besides Doncaster Rovers. How did you guys choose a team? For example, I love the style of Southampton and admire them, but have never been that far south so for me, a football team is hard to choose. Also I don't want to be a glory hunter and only pick a team who win, I follow Spurs (loosely) but don't have any connection to them.
If you live in London why don't you just pick the team nearest to you?

I'm from Manchester and my family have been Manchester United season ticket holders for generations, so for anyone in my family there's only one club you are going to support!
Family.
Family supported Villa, I feel like Villa chose me rather than me choosing Villa.
which kit colour i liked the most
Reply 5
None of my family like footy :colondollar:
Family
I have 3 teams:

Everton - family team. My dad's side of the family are all Scousers and have supported them for generations.

Wycombe - local team. I have a season ticket on the terrace. Easy enough to support and watch every week. Proper football.

Espanyol - I think they are very similar to Everton in many aspects, so decided to follow them too. A less successful Spanish Everton if you like.
They were winning a lot on Sky Sports
Original post by Lanterne Rouge
I have 3 teams:

Everton - family team. My dad's side of the family are all Scousers and have supported them for generations.

Wycombe - local team. I have a season ticket on the terrace. Easy enough to support and watch every week. Proper football.

Espanyol - I think they are very similar to Everton in many aspects, so decided to follow them too. A less successful Spanish Everton if you like.

Only 3 teams? Mother****er I have 15.

Quick Reply

Latest