The Student Room Group

Urgent personal statement help!

Hey so generally, people are not supposed to mention middle school achievements on their personal statements. But in 8th grade, I received an award from Obama and The White House for "outstanding academic achievement". It's a pretty nice achievement, but is it worth mentioning since it wasn't in high school? Thanks guys!
Original post by rabualeez
Hey so generally, people are not supposed to mention middle school achievements on their personal statements. But in 8th grade, I received an award from Obama and The White House for "outstanding academic achievement". It's a pretty nice achievement, but is it worth mentioning since it wasn't in high school? Thanks guys!

This sort of information belongs in your reference not in your ps.
I would add it to your personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

I think it's something impressive - I would !
Reply 4

I would definitely recommend you add it, as it's a personal statement it should be personal and this award/achievement not Eveyone has,it'll make you standout! 😅
Reply 5
I'd say add it, I mean it certainly can't hurt so why not.
Reply 6
Thank you all for the help, I've decided to add it! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
This sort of information belongs in your reference not in your ps.

Hey, I would do that but my reference letters were written a while ago and I think I forgot to mention that to my letter writer, so no chance of getting it in there :frown:
Hey, I would do that but my reference letters were written a while ago and I think I forgot to mention that to my letter writer, so no chance of getting it in there :frown:

Then although impressive it isn't relevant to a UCAS application. In your PS it will sound like boasting and not about your enthusiasm and motivation for the degree you're applying for.
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
Then although impressive it isn't relevant to a UCAS application. In your PS it will sound like boasting and not about your enthusiasm and motivation for the degree you're applying for.

Thank you!

Hi there,

This may have been a while ago but it is still something to be proud of :h:

No harm can come from including it in your personal statement.

Let me know if you need any further personal statement help. We have some experts here at the University who would be more than happy to give you a hand.

Sam :h:
Reply 11
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi there,

This may have been a while ago but it is still something to be proud of :h:

No harm can come from including it in your personal statement.

Let me know if you need any further personal statement help. We have some experts here at the University who would be more than happy to give you a hand.

Sam :h:

Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending