The Student Room Group

How to make accurate notes for A level Biology? A*

I'm currently in the process of making notes for biology... (really behind on topics) and it's taking me hours to make notes on just one chapter T_T is that normal? To make my notes I refer to the specification but I still don't know if I've made them too detailed as I tend to fill up quite a few pages. Am I worrying too much? I don't know if I'm adding useless information, e.g names of the veins in vasoconstriction/vasodilation... Or that the liver makes up 5% of body mass, the amount of blood that flows through the liver, etc. It's hard to distinguish between important and unimportant facts. You could say that those points stated above were associated with liver structure and funsctions right (spec reference)?

Anyway, to anyone who got A* for A level biology... HOW DID YOU DO IT? Please help :'(
You don't need to write in full sentences. Make it quick by using a couple of words and arrows.
My school does AQA bio and on our A2 paper we need to write an essay. I'm not sure about your exam board, but my teacher says this essay is the difference between an A and A* since it requires details like above. if I was aiming for an A* I'd keep on making the detailed notes, even if you don't have to write an essay it's good to have a firm grasp of all the information.

Quick Reply

Latest